TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

SpaceX successfully test crew rated parachute system

Discussion in 'SpaceX' started by Grendal, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

#1 Grendal, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  2. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

hmm I was hoping that they could land propulsively on the first crew mission but I guess their playing it safe.

3. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

Basically NASA won't let them until the system is thoroughly proven. How SpaceX is going to prove it to NASA is going to be interesting. A few dummy runs with cargo from the ISS is the only thing I can think of. At some point SpaceX might just retire the cargo dragon and use Dragon V2 for everything....

Have we seen anything from Boeing on their manned program?

4. Auzie

Auzie Tree Hugger Member

Thanks for the link.

I usually scan text quickly, without the full read of all letters. My eyes (or brain?) interpreted the thread title as 'Space X unsuccessfully tests.......'

It gave me a short 'oh nooo' reaction, followed by 'all is good', after checking details :smile:

This is like a work of art

Dragon.JPG

5. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

The very bad news for you, Auzie, is that your optic nerve set-up functions, most unfortunately, just like mine.

That cannot be a good thing, I'm sure. :)

Very strange! Anyone else? Could it be a function of the proximity of that fairly uncommon majuscule "X"?