Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't find a video for the Flight Readiness Review, but here are the slides:

Notes:
RLV and Space Transport News NASA/SpaceX flight readiness review on NASA TV

Sides:
http://www.nasa.gov/exploration/commercial/cargo/graphics_041612.html

638561main_01_cots_program_objectives.jpg

638562main_02_spacex_spaceact_areement.jpg

638564main_03_orbital_spaceact_agreement.jpg

638566main_04_cots_milestones.jpg

638567main_05_demonstration_mission_key_objectives.jpg

638590main_01_mission_overview.jpg

638591main_02_demonstration_objectives.jpg

638592main_03_mission_profile_metric.jpg

638596main_mission_profile_miles.jpg

638593main_04_rendezvous_detail.jpg

638594main_05_demonstration_maneuvers.jpg

638595main_06_reentry_recovery.jpg

Elon via twitter one hour ago:

Elon Musk@elonmusk

Am pushing launch back approx a week to do more testing on Dragon docking code. New date pending coordination with @NASA.

The wife and I were going to drive out there to see the launch. I guess we'll have to postpone our plans.

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd really like to know how long they expect the round-trip to Mars to be, and what sort of living conditions the astronaut(s) will have on the space ship. I know there's talk that it would be cheaper to send a person or people and then supply them forever than to make the round trip, but I cannot see anybody making the commitment on the first flight there. Either an astronaut making the commitment to go and never come back, or a company or government making the commitment to send supplies for the rest of that astronaut's life. Personally, I would not trust any government or company to keep such a commitment past the next general election or corporate CEO's term of office.

I'd really like to know how long they expect the round-trip to Mars to be, and what sort of living conditions the astronaut(s) will have on the space ship. I know there's talk that it would be cheaper to send a person or people and then supply them forever than to make the round trip, but I cannot see anybody making the commitment on the first flight there. Either an astronaut making the commitment to go and never come back, or a company or government making the commitment to send supplies for the rest of that astronaut's life. Personally, I would not trust any government or company to keep such a commitment past the next general election or corporate CEO's term of office.
"Left for dead" tends to be bad PR. :crying:

Per our previous conversation, John Glenn was 77 when he went up on the Shuttle.

Actually the notes page above also contained a link to the video recording:

NASA Public, NASA Public NASAtelevision on USTREAM. Science

EDIT: The SpaceX Flight Readiness Review starts at a few seconds after 38:30.

The above link cuts off during the Q&A, but that continues here:
NASA Public, NASA Public NASAtelevision on USTREAM. Science

I just got finished watching these (finally). Maybe I'm just getting used to Elon, but I think that was the best job I've seen him do in speaking on camera in a professional manner.

"Left for dead" tends to be bad PR.
Yeah, but would you bet your life on a cost-cutting politician or corporate CEO putting PR and your life above a cost-cutting crusade?

Per our previous conversation, John Glenn was 77 when he went up on the Shuttle.
Interesting. But he was probably stronger and healthier at 77 than I will be or than I am even now. And he probably does not get seasick on rocking chairs and porch swings, as I do. :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.