Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla could take some design hints from SpaceX. That's what a cabin should look like.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2231&d=1312208944.jpg

zack posted this in the TSLA Investors Discussion. Rather than reply there, I figured I'd reply here.

SpaceX Falcon 9 launch: SpaceX ready to launch to space station - Orlando Sentinel

An eccentric billionaire intends to blast his rocket from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station to the International Space Station early Saturday morning – and launch a new era in which private rocket companies take over a role filled by NASA and its space shuttles for decades.

The article says:
It's also a critical test of the Obama administration's decision to rely on commercial spacecraft to supply the space station.

Do you think Elon being successful with this launch will be something that Obama brings up during his re-election campaign? Would that help or hurt Space X? I'm just wondering what you guys think.

Do you think Elon being successful with this launch will be something that Obama brings up during his re-election campaign? Would that help or hurt Space X? I'm just wondering what you guys think.

I don't think it will make any difference two weeks after the election. People don't remember very well and politicians change their tunes at least once an hour.

Apparently they had a one-second launch window. Space launches always have delays. Not a big deal, unless you had your popcorn popped and were counting on watching the launch. This mission is too important to take any chances. Good for them, postponing if there was anything not exactly right. I have no doubt that when they do launch, all will go well.

SPACEX/NASA DISCUSS LAUNCH ABORT OF FALCON 9 ROCKET
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=nV_JqBOeXMk

Later, further data showed that the engine #5's chamber pressure was actually trending too high, so that it was correct to abort, however exact reason will be examined later today. If necessary, a replacement engine is available. Apparently the first guess for why this could happen would be that a (fuel-)valve wasn't opening enough, however they already found out that it did open, so they need to inspect the engine to determine what exactly happened.

Next attempt is (likely) the night Monday to Tuesday, about an hour earlier this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.