Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very cool! Thanks for sharing.
Hows that virtual reality guy in the audience that basically got to set up a meeting with Elon during the q&a phase?!

I think a VR immersion built into SpaceX launches would be a huge hit and possibly a big money maker. I know that I latch on to every video that SpaceX puts out. Can you imagine how cool it would be to have a VR experience of an entire launch and trip to the ISS all the way until the hatch opens? Let's face it, I will never make it into space in my lifetime. This is about as good as I am going to get so it would be worth a lot to experience it.

Elon Musk speaks at the ISS R&D conference
Thanks for posting about this. Just watched it, some interesting stuff, including a bit more detail about how SpaceX uses 3D printing for rocket engine parts than I was previously aware of.

The guy who got in the last question to Elon, about virtual reality use in space, appears to be the person who is head of this start up SpaceVR

I appreciate how he explained towards the beginning about the loss of the Falcoln that needing to analyze not just the data, but also the time involved in a sensor being read, to the information being put in a packet, to the information being sent to the ground (and from my own standpoint - the time is takes to reach the ground), is all extremely important to determine exactly when something happened when you are dealing with analyzing data down to the millisecond.

I don't think alot of people take that into consideration, rather just think you have to look at the data and that's it.

I think a VR immersion built into SpaceX launches would be a huge hit and possibly a big money maker. I know that I latch on to every video that SpaceX puts out. Can you imagine how cool it would be to have a VR experience of an entire launch and trip to the ISS all the way until the hatch opens? Let's face it, I will never make it into space in my lifetime. This is about as good as I am going to get so it would be worth a lot to experience it.

Sign me up. That would be very cool.

Two things I notice more and more with all of these interviews.

1) People always ask ridiculously long multi-point questions that are hard to keep focus on.
2) Elon is really bad about actually answering the questions asked as a result of 1)

I like that Elon is given the opportunity to discuss related things he might want to talk about, but if people really want their questions answered, they really need to keep it short and ask a single question that can be stated briefly.

Yes, interviewing someone is actually quite difficult and takes skill. Most people don't have a clue what to really ask him, so they make up crap and hide it in generalities. I would love it if he could be interviewed by someone who knew actually knew the workings of rocketry, or cars, or batteries, or electric motors, or running a big business, or interacting with VCs. But those interviews have been very, very few.

I would love it if he could be interviewed by someone who knew actually knew the workings of rocketry, or cars, or batteries, or electric motors, or running a big business, or interacting with VCs.

Of course, if they actually had those qualifications, they'd likely be working in those fields rather than doing interviews.

Ridiculous hit piece from LA Times:

SpaceX rocket failure cost NASA $110 million - LA Times

Completely inaccurate and made up nonsense.

Thanks, @Grendal. What's the truth? I had actually assumed that there was insurance involved already and was surprised to read this:

Gerstenmaier told the panel that after the loss of the two rockets, NASA is considering whether to require the companies to take out insurance to cover cargo losses now borne by taxpayers.

Thanks, @Grendal. What's the truth? I had actually assumed that there was insurance involved already and was surprised to read this:

I believe the launch is insured but the cargo is not. I would guess that food and scientific research would be hard to assess a value worth insuring. I do know that SpaceX is responsible for another launch since NASA paid for 12 successful missions. So the article is as wrong as it can be. LA Times recently published a hit piece on Tesla so they are focusing on Elon for some reason.

Kids attending KSC Space Camp this week...thought it would be fun to work from here:
image.jpg

Had to to pass by pad 39A to get here....lots of changes since I was last here:

image.jpg

I hope for a reasonable solution for the last launch so we can progress to re-usability and Falcon Heavy.

I believe the launch is insured but the cargo is not. I would guess that food and scientific research would be hard to assess a value worth insuring. I do know that SpaceX is responsible for another launch since NASA paid for 12 successful missions. So the article is as wrong as it can be. LA Times recently published a hit piece on Tesla so they are focusing on Elon for some reason.

That makes sense. Yeah, LA Times is on some sort of an offensive against Elon (who called them a bunch of AH**** at a conference recently).

I have a brother in law that works for the LA Times. I got the impression talking to him that everyone there likes to mock Elon and they feel it's their duty to expose him as a fraud. Their attitude reminds me of the early days of Tesla when the Valley Wag was trying to humiliate Elon.

I have a brother in law that works for the LA Times. I got the impression talking to him that everyone there likes to mock Elon and they feel it's their duty to expose him as a fraud. Their attitude reminds me of the early days of Tesla when the Valley Wag was trying to humiliate Elon.

They are doing a disservice to LA Times, reporters, and their city and state by creating false information. It is so obviously biased. So they have made themselves the saviors of the public and are willing to lie to justify themselves. It a sad statement.

Great. Members of a dying 4th estate, who forgot to innovate and ended up like Xerox/Kodak sit around clutching their coffee mugs with ink stained hands while taking pennies from the spinmeister media moguls to which they owe their meager existence and rail against the same kind of dynamic change that relegated them to the dustbin of history.

As Count Rugen would say, "I think that's the worst thing I've ever heard. How marvelous."

- - - Updated - - -

A surprising lack of EVs in that car park.
All construction now...no operations. Low uptake in the rolling coal construction trades for electric love.

Status
Not open for further replies.