Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spain / Ibil current advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are planning a trip around northern Spain - nowhere near any Superchargers - San Sebastian, Bilbao, Vitoria-Gasteiz and then back to France. Unfortunately we will not be staying in places with destination chargers.

It seems the best bet is the ChaDeMo outlets run by Ibil in a few petrol stations. However I am quite confused about these:
(a) there are various old posts here and elsewhere which suggest the Ibil chargers don't work with the Tesla ChaDeMo adapter -- is this still true with current versions of adapter, charger, software?
(b) there are lots of posts about Ibil RFID cards being required rather than an app ... but as I struggle (without speaking Spanish) through the Ibil website, it looks as though they are now using an app for payment. Is this right?

Thanks for any current advice.

there are various old posts here and elsewhere which suggest the Ibil chargers don't work with the Tesla ChaDeMo adapter

I emailed Ibil support who replied quickly and helpfully:
Currently we have several clients charging Tesla model S vehicles with Tesla ChaDeMo adapter without any problem. Therefore you should be able to charge your vehicle at any of our charging stations.

Current experience still welcomed, to confirm this and quell the urban rumour.