TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Spain to Scotland and back in a week

Discussion in 'Europe' started by mgemmell, Apr 1, 2014.

1. mgemmell

mgemmell Scottish chap

We've done Tilburg to Madrid, we've done Madrid to the Alps, and we've done Madrid - Barcelona, Madrid - Valencia, Madrid - Santander...

Now we are going to do Madrid to Dumfries and back :)

Ok, we're cheating.... we're driving to Bilbao and then taking the ferry to Portsmouth, so driving 1023kms each way (+ some excursions around Scotland). Probably do 3000kms in the whole trip.

Actually, I'll be driving just as far (1200kms) next weekend when I go down to the South of Spain (Cordoba and Granada) but Scotland sounds much more impressive :)

(No wonder we have 25,000 kms after only 6 months)

I'll post trip details later but one interesting thing: We can charge on the Car ferry! It's possibly going to be the dirtiest electricity ever stuffed into a Tesla pack, but it will be nice to arrive at each port with a full charge ready to roll. They are providing a 22kW outlet.... awesome!