Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on the Superchargers in Spain due to COVID-19:

Fuengirola and Tarragona are closed
Getafe closes tomorrow
Burgos is closed from 10pm to 8am

Obtained the info from Tesla Para Todos on Twitter - Original post below
Superchargers afectados por el estado de alarma.

-Fuengirola y Tarragona cerrados
-Getafe cierra a partir del domingo
-Burgos cierra entre las 22:00 y las 8:00

Maybe there's another explanation: SUC's are mostly found close to hotels. Hotels are closed (also their parking lot?) and in some cases used as hospitals for the overflow of patients. As there's little traffic (our Tesla has only been used for groceries the last 3 weeks), and almost no long distance traveling, I don't expect this will cause trouble.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Hola!

On my way from Can Boix (beautiful with shaded Destination Charger) to Camiral Hotel of PGA Catalunya Resort, Caldes de Malavella (beautiful with lots of Super Chargers and more being installed) I lost one of my Aero wheel covers :-(

It must be the 40 degree heat :-(

Where can I get one in a week or so... without driving to Barcelona.

Gracias!

Can Boix.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200731_150048.jpg
    IMG_20200731_150048.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20200731_150039.jpg
    IMG_20200731_150039.jpg
    750.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Maybe there's another explanation: SUC's are mostly found close to hotels. Hotels are closed (also their parking lot?) and in some cases used as hospitals for the overflow of patients. As there's little traffic (our Tesla has only been used for groceries the last 3 weeks), and almost no long distance traveling, I don't expect this will cause trouble.

I was just at the SuperCharger in Lleida. Hotel Ibis closed and with Covid 19 testing site all around it (not manned when we visited). Grim.

One dead charger but at least one working.

Best of luck and health to all my Catalan friends

Anyone been taking their Tesla to Ibiza? Me and a buddy are considering taking my Raven X there, but Ibiza seems to be lacking good charging spots in plugshare. Maybe we can get lucky and find a place to stay with a charger but if not will it be a problem with an EV there?

Anyone been taking their Tesla to Ibiza? Me and a buddy are considering taking my Raven X there, but Ibiza seems to be lacking good charging spots in plugshare. Maybe we can get lucky and find a place to stay with a charger but if not will it be a problem with an EV there?

I did recently a trip to Portugal (Alentejo/Algarve) and north-west of Spain. Getting there wasn't an issue with good SUC coverage. Especially Spain seems a black hole for local charging, but that was easily solved: I contacted local hotel and AirBnB with the question if I was allowed to charge at their places. No issues at all. All said yes, and every time it worked. As your car will be parked while you're dancing, drinking, partying whatsoever, the car will have plenty of time to charge at a low pace....

Today a new Supercharger at the Fuenlabrada Service Center appeared on Tesla's Find Us website:

View attachment 820797

We've been to most of the SuperChargers in and around Girona and most of the Destination Chargers too. All good - and lots of newly installed V2 chargers at Caldes de Malavella at PGA Catalunya.

Our favourite is the one at Hotel Emporda which has the fantastic restaurant El Motel. They have a Tesla and a Porsche charger in front and a Tesla charger in the basement garage. Some Audi was using the Tesla charger so we helped ourself to the Porsche one ;-)

PXL_20220721_125704914.jpgPXL_20220721_125723707 (1).jpg

Sadly, the Barcelona Service Centre does NOT get a good mark from us. Our display was defective with "phantom touch" but they refused to replace it under warranty. "Somehow" it got a physical crack between the time we dropped it off and the technician looked at it.