Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spammer on the Forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wdolson

Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2015
Clark Co, WA
There is a new member called hahahew1 who is starting post after post. The latest ones are in some Asian language, looks like Chinese. The ones in Latin characters are just gibberish.

It may be a bot testing the forum software or something.

Are all mods sleeping?

No although some of us do like to sleep occasionally, and I was most definitely asleep when you wrote that post. :)

The best way to help us out is just to report the spam that you see using the "REPORT" control at the bottom of the message. One of the other mods did a couple rounds of cleaning up spam (and spammy users) today, and I believe that included what was discussed here.

Bruce.

Reactions: kavyboy
I've moderated a couple of other forums and y'all do a good job. A lot of spammers these days are based in Asia or Eastern Europe. It might help to have one or more moderators close to those time zones, or a moderator in the western hemisphere who keeps odd hours.

Of course recruiting the right people takes priority over where they are.

Keep up the good work!

I've moderated a couple of other forums and y'all do a good job. A lot of spammers these days are based in Asia or Eastern Europe. It might help to have one or more moderators close to those time zones, or a moderator in the western hemisphere who keeps odd hours.

Of course recruiting the right people takes priority over where they are.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks...we try! We do have people in different timezones, but an additional complication is that most moderators only work a subset of the forums. For instance I only moderate the Model S and Model X sections. If you report a spam in some other forum, I won't see the report, and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Bruce.

PS. Note for site admins: I am not asking to moderate additional forums. :)

Spam bot working overtime today...

Screenshot 2018-06-13 04.57.12.png

Thanks...we try! We do have people in different timezones, but an additional complication is that most moderators only work a subset of the forums. For instance I only moderate the Model S and Model X sections. If you report a spam in some other forum, I won't see the report, and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Bruce.

PS. Note for site admins: I am not asking to moderate additional forums. :)
Thanks again for your hard work! Not trying to add to your load, but one had over 100 entries yesterday and another has just started today with 25 already - can spam alerts be pushed to all moderators to catch them more quickly? How about limiting new members to one post a day for the first week or two? If we don't come up with a solution, soon it won't be just a page or two of spam in "new posts" to scroll past, it'll be hard to find real content.