TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Spare Key

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by CAR3NUT, Jan 23, 2020.

1. CAR3NUT

CAR3NUT Member

When I got my car last month it came with only 1 key. I was successful in obtaining another key from the PO, but it does not have any buttons for locking or unlocking the car. Has anyone been successful in getting a replacement key from Tesla with the 3 buttons?

2. pwwojcik

pwwojcik Member

Yes, I had the local service center order keys.They were able to program the keys to the car and get the new keys cut to match the original. The new keys have the three buttons and the T logo and everything just like the originals.

3. CAR3NUT

CAR3NUT Member

I thought they could, have a appointment next week with the SC will have them order a couple of them.