Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spare parts for Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the last earnings call, Elon said that due to the chip shortage, they had to source chips from new suppliers and quickly re-write code in order to make the new parts work. As well, features such as the passenger lumbar support and radar may have been removed due to the parts shortage.

Anyone concerned that their new Model Y may now be a compromised build? Hope this improvisation on Tesla's part to overcome supply constraints doesn't lead to software or hardware issues down the road with our new cars.

Last edited:
Getting chips from different manufacturers shouldn't be a concern. The lumbar support is a non issue to most people, I think making it an option would have been a better choice for Tesla. Some people do use it and they should have that choice. My concern is the radar, with vision only being so new I will be watching it much more in stop and go traffic. Radar has been great with zero stop and go issues for 2.5 yrs in our M3