Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Spare' plug in driver's door?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

HenryT

Jan 29, 2020
Manchester
I have just replaced a door mirror in my 2015 70D which seems fine but the doors no longer want to lock?

I took the door panel off and checked all the connections were good and they seemed to be, but there is one white plug I can't find a home for?

Does anyone have an idea where this wants to go, assuming that's what my problem is?

Well, it seems it is a spare of some sort - re affixed the door panel and re-made all the 'known' connections and everything seems to work fine. Still no idea what the white plug does though?

I should have added that I didn't disconnect it from anything in the first place, hence having no idea where it belongs.

Could the plug be for the optional lights in the premium interior lighting option?

That's likely it. Some cars will have two extra plugs - one for the optional interior lights and one for the puddle lights which are optional, but are functional if you plug in an additional light to it. I picked up some brighter interior lights for my frunk, trunk, and footwell lights, and then used the original lights as the puddle lights. You just need to cut through the vinyl covering the hole in the door.

Speakers are interchangeable between the UHFS and standard drivers; they use the same plug.