Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spare Tire [when calling for roadside service]?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Researching the forums I see alot of talk about a loaner tire that Tesla brings out to them. Is this only during the week?

Took delivery of my Model 3 SR+ on Friday. Between Friday and Sunday put about 400 miles on it, then all of a sudden while taking an exit onto the highway the tire pressure warning came on. The pressure on my drivers side rear tire was dropping quickly so I had to pull over on the shoulder and I had a complete flat. I used the app to contact Tesla for roadside service and they gave me two options to either tow to a SC (Dedham) which is where I picked the car up and its 40 mins away or could take it to a third party. There were two tire shops open but neither wanted to touch the Tesla. So I had it towed to the SC, being Sunday nobody was there to do service so its been sitting overnight. I'm watching to see what the turnaround time is going to be for a flat tire. I was out of the area for mobile service so I'm assuming that meant I couldn't get a loaner tire? How am I out of the area when I'm 30-40 mins from a SC in two different directions.

Researching the forums I see alot of talk about a loaner tire that Tesla brings out to them. Is this only during the week?

Took delivery of my Model 3 SR+ on Friday. Between Friday and Sunday put about 400 miles on it, then all of a sudden while taking an exit onto the highway the tire pressure warning came on. The pressure on my drivers side rear tire was dropping quickly so I had to pull over on the shoulder and I had a complete flat. I used the app to contact Tesla for roadside service and they gave me two options to either tow to a SC (Dedham) which is where I picked the car up and its 40 mins away or could take it to a third party. There were two tire shops open but neither wanted to touch the Tesla. So I had it towed to the SC, being Sunday nobody was there to do service so its been sitting overnight. I'm watching to see what the turnaround time is going to be for a flat tire. I was out of the area for mobile service so I'm assuming that meant I couldn't get a loaner tire? How am I out of the area when I'm 30-40 mins from a SC in two different directions.
That depends on whether the tow companies Tesla has a contract with in the area where you have a flat, have spare tires.

I may be confused but I thought mobile service is for areas far from Service Centers, as nearby owners can just go to the Service Center.

I may be confused but I thought mobile service is for areas far from Service Centers, as nearby owners can just go to the Service Center.

I dont think that proximity to service centers factors into roadside assistance. Tesla has contracts with towing companies, that cover geographic areas.

In my experience ( and unfortunately I have had to use roadside 3 separate times for flat tires ), tesla has contracts with the same towing companies that the local AAA (automobile club of America for those unfamiliar) affiliate uses.

Whether they have to tow it, or have a spare tire available, might do with type of tesla contract / willingness of tow company to deal with the spare tire situation, if they used all of the ones they have already, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
I dont think that proximity to service centers factors into roadside assistance. Tesla has contracts with towing companies, that cover geographic areas.

In my experience ( and unfortunately I have had to use roadside 3 separate times for flat tires ), tesla has contracts with the same towing companies that the local AAA (automobile club of America for those unfamiliar) affiliate uses.

Whether they have to tow it, or have a spare tire available, might do with type of tesla contract / willingness of tow company to deal with the spare tire situation, if they used all of the ones they have already, etc.
If I lived in Massachusetts, I'd carry my own compact spare, just in case!

Reactions: Watts_Up