Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spare UMC Availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6/3 wire but I only have a single charger in my Tesla

Depending on the type of insulation on the 6/3, code should allow a 60 or 70 Amp breaker. Although it won't help you with a single charger, you may have friends stopping by with dual chargers or your next Tesla may be able to absorb more than 40 Amps. A new breaker only costs a few dozen dollars, ramp it up for friends and the future.

Good Luck!

I looked at a bunch of options a year ago and came to the conclusion that the HPWC is the cleanest, safest solution for my garage. No adapters to mess with and only one mechanical connection (at the car itself). I dislike the UMC because it has 3 mechanical connections (wall plug, adapter and car) plus the UMC module itself is on the cable. More points for stress and potentially failure. The experience with the 14-50 adapter recall kind of makes my point here. Sure the HPWC costs more but so does the car.

This.

I sprung for an HPWC and even though 95+% of my garage charging is around 40 amps, I'm happy to have the cleaner, neater HPWC and leave the UMC in the trunk. Plus, if I need a faster turnaround at home, which happens sometimes, I can dial the HPWC up to 80 amps.

Enquired about just purchasing a UMC yesterday at the Scottsdale, AZ service center and was told it was not available. I would need to buy the entire package (spare adapters & bag) for $650.
The charging accessories have been re-priced after being labled as Out of Stock. The Bundle is now $550, Corded Mobile Connector $520 and both cable lengths of Wall Connector are $500. Everything above is now in stock on the web site.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker