TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Speak at TMC Connect 2015

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by doug, May 5, 2015.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

If you're interested in speaking at TMC Connect this year, be sure to let us know.
    Fill out our speaker form here:

Speaker Form TMC Connect

2. dbullard

dbullard Member

Do you think there would be interest in a talk on EV charging in condominiums?

I've been working on getting charging at my condo since June, still not there yet, but might be a useful "lessons learned" sort of thing.

3. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

When's the deadline to fill out a speaker form?

4. doug

Sooner the better. Preferably within the next few weeks. You can always log back in and update the speaker form, so no reason not to go ahead and fill it out if think you might be interested in speaking.

5. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

Okay. I'll put something up in the next few days. I've got an idea, but any requests?

6. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Given the location in the Bay Area this year and the probability for drawing a lot of locals, I would assume so. Owning/Renting condos and townhomes around here is pretty common with the crazy housing market, and finding stuff that supports charging can be a challenge.

Part of the issue might be, though, that the gotchas and techniques might vary from state to state?

7. raynewman

raynewman Member

and country to country. I've done it in OZ. I found the secret to be "Start early" as those people are VERY slow.

8. dbullard

dbullard Member

That's definitely one of the takeaway points - a lot of folks think it'll get done in a few weeks. The easiest way to have EV charging in your condo is to buy one that already has it. :smile:

9. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

What if I have several ideas? How do I submit two?

10. doug

I guess you can just add it to what's there. IRRC the form allows you to attach docs too.

11. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

Alright, done. Let me know if you'd like one or both of the talks so I can start preparing them.

12. dbullard

dbullard Member

Getting kind of close to the date - I submitted a paper proposal and haven't heard back yet if I was accepted.

Have notifications been sent yet? I don't want to put in work polishing if I don't need to :)

Thanks for a great conference!