Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speaker graphic for reverse?

ScotteZ

Aug 2, 2020
Waterloo, ON
When I put my MY in reverse, there is a little speaker/audio gadget on the left side of the screen - I can toggle the sound icon display on and off. There is no noise made at all and I don't hear any PWS system when I'm reversing.

I'm running version 2020.40.7

Anyone know what this icon is for?

Attachments

• IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 52

rfalias

Nov 15, 2019
SC
Silences the proximity ding sounds.
It actually shows up at low speeds too, I mute it when in drive through areas and the like

MorrisonHiker

S 100D 2021.4.18.2
Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
When I put my MY in reverse, there is a little speaker/audio gadget on the left side of the screen - I can toggle the sound icon display on and off. There is no noise made at all and I don't hear any PWS system when I'm reversing.

I'm running version 2020.40.7

Anyone know what this icon is for?
Try listening when you are close to a wall or other obstacle.

How is it muted?
You tap the button.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC