TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Speaker static from some songs

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by octoad, Jun 18, 2018.

1. octoad

octoad Member

I've noticed when playing certain music on the stereo, there is a static/distortion sound. Its a bit rare, but it does come from time to time. Anybody else notice this? The last case was when playing a song called "What's on your Mind" by Information Society. Is anybody able to reproduce it?

• Like x 1
  2. mekberg

mekberg Member

I think I may also be experiencing your issue. It almost sounds like a rattle, but it could be distortion too.

• Like x 1
  3. ZapM3

ZapM3 Member

#3 ZapM3, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    I definitely noticed the same thing. To me it sounds like static, and it’s not subtle. Ive only had my car (26xxx) a few days so my sample is small. It’s only happened on perhaps 5% of the songs I’ve played via the streaming option. It always goes away when I skip that song. It’s never happened to me on the FM radio.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. bpjod

bpjod Member

Me too. It's happened twice for me. I wonder if it is a problem with Slacker's copy of the file. Maybe if we compiled a list here of troublesome songs, we could see if the same songs cause problems on all our Model 3s and also test them in other devices such as our phones or PCs.

• Like x 1
  5. benjiejr

benjiejr Technogeekextraordinaire

+1 only a handful of songs have done it and if i skip it goes away

• Like x 1
  6. phigment

phigment Member

• Informative x 1
  7. octoad

octoad Member

8. WallyP

WallyP Member

Hit pause, and then play, to fix Slacker crackle.

9. Atoms

Atoms Member

I’m thinking it is a loose speaker wire or the speakers are broken. Taking into SC to have this and other issues addressed.

10. karpetkutter

karpetkutter Member

Not a loose wire. It is an issue with the interface. This is a well known issue. All you have to do is pause the song and it will be fine or skip the song and you will notice it is gone.

11. eCharcoal

eCharcoal Member

It happened to me, too. It also happened a couple times when I was streaming my own music library on my phone through Bluetooth.

12. Spaceman3

Spaceman3 Member

I had the same problem 3 or 4 times in 1000 miles driving. It seems to be distortion in the audio file, not a sound system problem.