TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Speaker Stats

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by smilepak, Aug 31, 2017.

1. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

Anyone know the Model S standard sound system speaker details? What range are they capable of, etc.,?

2. eschummer

eschummer Member

I'm not sure if anyone has gone to the trouble of actually measuring anything, but the general consensus seems to be that the best they're good for is for occasional listening to NPR (or any other news programs)....

I changed mine out for the Light Harmonic speakers and the difference is nothing short of amazing. Still need to do a sub of some sort to overcome road noise at speed...

• Informative x 1
  3. David.85D

David.85D Member

Really? I changed my basic door speakers for the light harmonic set and can't tell an iota of difference. I thought that was the consensus now on those speakers. I even changed one side at a time so I could do the side by side comparison. I couldn't tell.

Adding a sub of course is a much more dramatic change and something I would still like to do.

4. Ski_

Ski_ Enthusiast

5. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

I only add the sub. But listen to songs from Celine dion or Elton john or Michael Buble make no diff.

But listen to jay Sean or black eyes pea or something with thumping make stark differences

6. A-E

A-E Vendor

Alpine makes a very impressive shallow subwoofer that sounds amazing without compromising too much trunks space. We like to flush mount the subwoofer in the trunk on the left side. If you are looking for bass, this option works perfect! :) SubwooferTeslaS.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  7. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

Interesting. I've been searching for Alpine to see if they make something like this and couldn't find it initially.

How many people using the Audio Control LC2i or are you not using one or another brand?

8. artisjr

artisjr Supporting Member

So does illusion audio. Pictured here is the Carbon C10.

IMG_0193.JPG IMG_0204.JPG

• Like x 1
  9. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

Anyone tried these three side by side? The NVX, alpine. And illusion?

10. Bebop

Bebop Member

Good to know I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Did you install them yourself? or did you get a shop to do it for you?