Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speaker upgrade with custom mounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well done, I have a set of 3D printed speaker brackets to install in mine as well. Though I'm installing a complete custom system and replacing all the stock speakers and adding subwoofers, assuming I can find the time to finish it all lol. This seems like an excellent low cost solution!
Where were you able to find the custom brackets to replace the entire speaker in your model S?

Well done, I have a set of 3D printed speaker brackets to install in mine as well. Though I'm installing a complete custom system and replacing all the stock speakers and adding subwoofers, assuming I can find the time to finish it all lol. This seems like an excellent low cost solution!
Any chance you can share the files or where you got them?

i have the doors speakers installed but want to replace my dash speaker and tweeters and have looked high and low and can't find a source to get the brackets from ANYWHERE.

Any chance you can share the files or where you got them?

i have the doors speakers installed but want to replace my dash speaker and tweeters and have looked high and low and can't find a source to get the brackets from ANYWHERE.

I just used a glue gun for the tweeters, worked perfectly OK.

Attachments

• 1AC45C5D-00A0-43BA-8178-FB88EE695FCE.jpeg
    1AC45C5D-00A0-43BA-8178-FB88EE695FCE.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Yes sir! I’m running my uhfs into a jl fix 82 then in to a helix p six which is 120w/channel rms at 4 ohms. I have all the wire ran, now I’m in the amp rack design phase. I’m going to fab up
Something to fit in there the factory sub was for the fix and p six. And probably install the sub amp on the other side. In that cut out area.
Where did you tap the to feed the JL Audio FIX 82? I have the UHFS but still trying to figure out where to tap to run front 3 way setup and leaving the rest of stock speakers plugged in.

For any body that's interested I can confirm that these mounts fit an audiofrog GB60 mid bass woofer perfectly. No additional adapters needed. This is made me exceedingly happy and I cant thank the original poster enough for this. I still need to do the acetone vapor bath, sand, and joint them together but I sure am off to a great start. This probably saved me a day of work fabricating mounts. Cost me I think $102 for the pair. Dirt cheap compared to the labor involved to make these. Just hoping they're strong enough to hold my woofer in place!

In the UHFS, the front doors are 8inch, just curious, why you chose a 6.5inch mid for your door instead of a 8inch midbass? I'm trying to figure out if I can reuse my Focals 6.5 for the front door instead of buying something comparable in an 8 inch format. Thank you.