Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speakers blew out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving along on 101 listening to music. Good song comes on, I turned up the volume to 75% of max and hear a boom. Next thing I know, no music coming out of the door speakers. went into the app to confirm by sliding the slider up,down side to side and sure enough, the driver and passenger door speakers are dead. Its really sad, because the fart sound comes out of those speakers. In addition, I learned that cell calls come out of those speakers as I tried to call someone but could not hear them. Car has 121 miles on it. That rush to push out a 100,000 cars may have led to some quality control issues. Got an appointment for Tesla service on Wed. Pretty sad a new car has these issues.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
That's my guess. the vibration from the bass in the music loosened a connection, but I don't know much about cars, so I'll defer to the experts. In addition, I just noticed that my google maps disappeared and I got asked for a wifi connection??? Not sure about that either. It sucks being dumber than a box a rocks when it comes to cars

This happened to my wife the day after we got the car. Did a soft reboot and have had no issues since. I was annoyed at first but it help affirm that this car is more like my iPhone than an ICE car, and to trouble shoot issues accordingly. Everything is connected to the CPU/OS.

To soft reboot, just hold both steering wheel scroll wheels until the Tesla icon comes back on. Should be 10-20 seconds.

This happened to my wife the day after we got the car. Did a soft reboot and have had no issues since. I was annoyed at first but it help affirm that this car is more like my iPhone than an ICE car, and to trouble shoot issues accordingly. Everything is connected to the CPU/OS.

To soft reboot, just hold both steering wheel scroll wheels until the Tesla icon comes back on. Should be 10-20 seconds.
Adam, thanks for the suggestion, will give it a shot after work.

Adam, thanks for the suggestion, will give it a shot after work.
Do you know what version of software your car is currently running? It'll show on the bottom of your Tesla App.
There's one or two versions that have been buggy for people, including myself. The second issue you describe sounds like the car may have lost cellular connection - this is a known bug which goes away after some time or you need to reboot.

Similar to computers/phones, a reboot every so often helps things out...

Adam, so cool. the hard reboot worked. thank you for the suggestion!

The exact same thing happened to me today. I was not listening at 75% of the volume, .maybe around 35%. Went to the car at lunch and no sound (music, blinkers, etc).
I will try the soft reboot when I get of of work. I have the newest software version.

My issue keeps resurfacing every 2 weeks or so. So my question / concern is why is it happening? Is it hardware or software that's the issue?

I thought maybe v10 would fix it but it happen a few days ago (after the update).

I guess only a service center appt is the only way to know.

If you think about the car as "a computer on 4 wheels", a lot of this stuff makes sense! Just like your PC or laptop..."when all else fails, reboot!". I got in my car the other day after shopping and the screen was blank...couldn't do anything! Hard "2 thumb salute" (hard reboot) and everything came back fine. Have had to reboot maybe 3 times in the six months I've had the car. Just like Apple or Microsoft! :(

Driving along on 101 listening to music. Good song comes on, I turned up the volume to 75% of max and hear a boom. Next thing I know, no music coming out of the door speakers. went into the app to confirm by sliding the slider up,down side to side and sure enough, the driver and passenger door speakers are dead. Its really sad, because the fart sound comes out of those speakers. In addition, I learned that cell calls come out of those speakers as I tried to call someone but could not hear them. Car has 121 miles on it. That rush to push out a 100,000 cars may have led to some quality control issues. Got an appointment for Tesla service on Wed. Pretty sad a new car has these issues.

This exact same thing just happened to me and I am at 120miles too! What are the odds of that. I did the soft reboot and it seems to have fixed it. Did yours ever come back? I don't want to deal with this over and over.

I haven't had it happen since the latest software update. I will say that I put in a mobile service request and they required an exact time / date it occurred so they could "check the log". So if it happens again save the date / time. It hasn't happened since they asked for that info (typical).

I haven't had it happen since the latest software update. I will say that I put in a mobile service request and they required an exact time / date it occurred so they could "check the log". So if it happens again save the date / time. It hasn't happened since they asked for that info (typical).

It's definitely a glitch. The odds of us both having this at the same miles warrants a look. I emailed it to Tesla.

I do not have the v10 software yet. Don't know why.

Reactions: bigroo42