Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spec changes in 18 inch M3 Aeros?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi learned TMC folks,

I have searched online and the forums but can’t seem to get a definitive answer to this one.

Has there been any changes to the standard 18 inch M3 alloys between years? Not the covers that I know have changed slightly but the alloys themselves. Reason I ask is that there are different part numbers quoted online. Some with A at the end and some with C.

Looking to buy a second hand set with part number 1044221-00-C for a MIC 2021 M3LR. I assume they would fit okay?

Thanks

Jim

Thanks all, that is what I thought and good to get confirmation. Not putting on Aeros and did know about the change in TPMS but thanks for pointing out. Good news is that Tesla seem to have the TPMS Bluetooth valves in stock as well.

Buying 4 to put my summer MPS4s on as am still running my CC2s and want to keep them for winter running.

Cheers

Jim

Upvote 0
The new model is the one without the tyre. If you look where the spokes meet the centre hub, you can see the spokes are more angular whereas the old model (with tyre) is slightly curved.
3929F8ED-DCAE-4E3B-B6B2-BF3BAA106BB5.png

53F80C56-56E9-460F-A128-A731B17B1A59.png

Upvote 0
Sorry, additional related Q on this topic. Again have tried to Google etc.

Any idea if I were to have an accident due to an alloy wheel failure (or any other reason) and I had fitted 2nd hand refurbished OEM alloys that has been checked and balanced, but no warranty given, could I be in hot water?

The wheels I am looking at are as above and from a refurb company who will ship them to me and too far to reasonably collect/inspect.

Any thoughts welcomed.

Thanks

Jim

Upvote 0