Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Special Arachnids wheels on E.M.'s Plaid shown during the Delivery Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wheels were looking like having special charcoal paint with a dark center blending up to a much lighter metallic silver to the external border of the wheels.
Beside that, the thickness of the wheels borders appeared much thinner and had a much better look than on the 21" Arachnids fitted on the delivered cars..
What do you think ?

The big border thickness looks really bad for me on the actual delivered Arachnids, compared to the "old" Arachnids wheels!
It seems that the old ones were forged and that the actual ones are only cast wheels, this coud explain this very massive look, necessary to resist to the crazy torque of the Plaid...

Perhaps the E.M.'s Plaid shown during the delivery presentation was still equiped with a forged version of the new Arachnids (with thinner border), able to resist to the max. Plaid's speed and that we would have to order in autumn, as announced by E.M. ?

Not sure about forged vs cast on the new Arachnids, but one thing is for certain for me: I'm not feeling the love for the new design. I know it is designed to be more efficient, but the old design was much more "dynamic" to me.

I ordered the standard 19" rims for my refresh so I can switch to something more exciting in 20" aftermarket rims.

Reactions: scrapps and KyleDay
Same decision than mine and if the 19" OEM wheels don't have a so bad look*, I'll use them for the winter season...

* Thanks in advance to the Plaids with standard wheels owners who will post here some pictures of the 19" wheels without their horribles wheels covers !!