Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Special Event with Elon in NYC on Nov 12?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If someone that has received an invite is willing to bring me along as their guest, it would make me extraordinarily happy. If anyone is interested in helping me out, please message me and we'll talk more in PM :)

Be careful not to OD on the Kool-aid! Tesla parties can be real fun :)

Yeah, the MT award seems like a sure bet. The east coast SC reveal less so.

Hopefully I can go :) Any chance you are err offering me an invite :)

From what I've heard about Elon and Tesla parties, it's sure to be an awesome event =)

Model S receiving the Motor Trend car of the year award, alongside an announcement of a supercharger (Already built?) on the east coast, coupled with a live performance from (Insert Awesome Band Here), and all the Kool-Aid they can bring to the party would definitely make for a fun evening :)

Furthermore, is it possible they are further along with the Gen 3 then they have put on? (Something about another surprise that they built in secret?)

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: WhiteCap
Wow... This is true:
"Check back to MotorTrend.com on November 12 to discover what will become the 2013 Motor Trend Car of the Year"!
(From the article: 2013 Motor Trend Car of the Year Contender: Acura ILX - WOT on Motor Trend)

Folks, that makes it a no brainer (or really bad planning for the event date!). HUGE award. This is good.
AND, as per post #26, I think an update noting the 1000th sig made (not delivered) is possible;
Much more important is Todd's note above, that the investor letter states the SC Network from Boston to DC to be completed THIS YEAR. If true, that is...just amazing. A co-announcement seems quite likely. Tesla, taking the East Coast by storm.

And that's the one unfortunate part - the contrast between a glitzy Tesla event and the realities of life there right now. NYC is still reeling from Sandy, with a Northeaster heading through today. They've had power in this neighborhood for three days. I won't dwell on this, but two final thoughts:
1. Awesome for Tesla and The East Coast.
2. If you have an extra invite/guest invite out there, PM me, please. This sounds like an event not-to-be missed. Thanks.
3. May our hearts and minds be with the people surrounding this venue who have lost so much.