Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Specification Advice - 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Hope you're well.

I'm messaging from a car dealership in England. We recently took a Model S 100D in part exchange and we're struggling to find information about it regarding specification.

I've rang Tesla customer services, but they won't give me any information about the car as I'm not the owner that they've got on record (and I can't become the owner without registering it to myself.. which we can't do.)

The only thing they've told me is that the car is showing as 'uncorked'..

I've had a look for a build date plaque inside the door/sill but can't see one, but it was registered end of November 2017. It does have chill mode.

Can anyone give me any information on the sort of power this thing is putting out? Trying to narrow it down on Autotrader to value it, some have circa 400 horses, one has 750 and none of them mention being uncorked.

Can anyone shed any light, give me any information that I can use or point in the direction of how I can get any?

Much appreciated!

James

There is a 4 digit date code printed in the upper left corner of one of the stickers in the door sill.

As for the non-standard options that were available in 2017, check for:

HEPA filter (presence of the “bio weapon defense” button in the climate controls)

Sound system upgrade - look for a subwoofer in the right corner of the trunk

Cold weather options - check for a heated steering wheel

There is a 4 digit date code printed in the upper left corner of one of the stickers in the door sill.

As for the non-standard options that were available in 2017, check for:

HEPA filter (presence of the “bio weapon defense” button in the climate controls)

Sound system upgrade - look for a subwoofer in the right corner of the trunk

Cold weather options - check for a heated steering wheel
Thank you for the information, looks like Cold Weather for sure, I'll check for the others in a bit. No sticker in the door sill at all though? Bit strange.

Here you go:

You can get pretty much all the other specs from the 'Additional Information' screen in the software menu.

Thank you very much for that link, that does help. I'm guessing there's not going to be published power figures, whether that's horsepower or KW? Would be great to know but seems like a big secret Tesla wants nobody to know!

Thank you for the information, looks like Cold Weather for sure, I'll check for the others in a bit. No sticker in the door sill at all though? Bit strange.
US cars at least are delivered with a sticker like this.

Maybe check the passenger side since you’re in the UK? ;)

A31E5EB9-C563-42F9-AE49-1E773080598A.jpeg

You can try this.
1638463221199.png

This will also tell you a bit more of what may be installed.
If the vehicle was under someone's account, you can select the URL of the picture of the car under the account and get the full run down by using a web site.

FYI, the MCU2 upgrade (central computer and main display unit) occurred in March ‘18. So your 2017 will have MCU1 which has a slower processor and fewer features (e.g., Sentry Mode and some games), along with a known memory chip issue that is part of recall / free replacement (just the memory chip). Tesla will upgrade the entire MCU for $1500 US which adds features and solves the memory issue. You may get questions when selling it with regard to which MCU the car has.