Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spectacular! Model 3 will go to Brazil!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jbcarioca

Yesterday I was third in line at Dadeland to reserve my Model 3. Then this morning I found that Tesla is accepting reservations for Brazil! We thought it might never happen. I immediately placed an order and incredibly it was accepted. Once configuration happens I hope to have identical Model 3's for Miami and Rio de Janeiro.

Probably this is happening because Brazil changed legislation last October to exempt EV's from import duties (about 25% ++) and make IPVA (annual car tax) in Rio de Janeiro state reduced from 7% or so to 0.05%. Suddenly EV's will be cheaper to buy and license than ICE's.

Yay! Glad to see you'll finally be able to get a Tesla down there. I remember you posting on MilePoint about your efforts to convince them to let you have a Model S in Brazil. I see you have a Model S in Florida at least.

Hope everything's going well with you.

Thanks for the note. I'm really happy you're here on TMC. Do you have a Tesla yet?

My P85D came to me from the Decatur Service Center, and has visited Georgia several times. It has given me another reason ( other than Delta) to visit Georgia.:)

Thanks for the note. I'm really happy you're here on TMC. Do you have a Tesla yet?

My P85D came to me from the Decatur Service Center, and has visited Georgia several times. It has given me another reason ( other than Delta) to visit Georgia.:)
No Tesla yet. Still just a fan rather than an owner. I'd love a Model S, but can't justify the cost. Travel is more important. :) I'm really hoping I'll be able to convince my wife to take the Model 3 that I reserved. She's driving a 2007 Corolla that doesn't even have cruise control! I'm in a Q5 that's still got plenty of life to get me to at least the Model 3 and maybe even a Model Y.