Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spectra photosync tint. Amazing stuff.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had the sides and rear done for some time now and love it.
But I had to post and say how amazing this stuff is and what a difference it made in the heat reduction when I just added it to the windshield also.
Just a huge difference in driving home from work now in afternoon sun beaming down. AC is not working nearly as hard and the temps when it sits idle at work don’t skyrocket inside anymore.
Great stuff.

The new rock chip on windshield I got today NOT so great!!

The new rock chip on windshield I got today NOT so great!!

One week after I invested a good amount of money tinting all the windows of my S with Llumar Stratos (great heat reduction as well) I got my first windshield rock chip in many years.
The first windshield repair guy I dealt with said the windshield needed to be replaced because the chip was somewhat in the driver’s line of sight. Faced with an $800 bill ($500 deductible and $300 to re-tint the windshield) I found someone who would just do the repair.

Last edited:
I had my car tinted before I took her home, so I can't compare the before and after. I appreciate that I don't have to look for shady parking spots, and can avoid trees as much as possible. Yes, I can pre-cool but sometimes the connection could be slow or unavailable. Also, my kids don't complain about the sun shining through.

Reactions: quickstrike12
I live in the North. I love the greenhouse effect but I do rock the Tesla rear shade to minimize summer heat. Considering tint but wondering if car will be that much colder in winter situations...AC is a lot more efficient than the resistive heater.

I live in the North. I love the greenhouse effect but I do rock the Tesla rear shade to minimize summer heat. Considering tint but wondering if car will be that much colder in winter situations...AC is a lot more efficient than the resistive heater.

I live in Wisconsin and would love to hear what others say about this as well. Honestly, I feel very little, if any, heating effect by the sun in the winter, so maybe I shouldn't even consider the "winter effect" of tint here, but I'm curious what other northerners think about tints?

Last edited: