Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spectra Photosync Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photosync 35 on all sides full back window and sunroof. Beautiful car and the full back window is a must.

Attachments

• IMG_1828.JPG
    IMG_1828.JPG
    453.5 KB · Views: 1,620
Just seems weird that there is still a very noticeable line on the inside where the factory tint ends. I thought I had seen one piece installations where it kind of just blends in. That lower portion doesn’t look tinted in that lighting I guess

He said it's a one piece rear tint. Even though it's 35%, it doesn't look as dark - maybe a testament to the clarity of the tint. Also, looking out you don't always see the tint as well. Would be more apparent outdoors, and from outside looking in. I'm pretty sure theres no line there.

How does this compare to 3M Crystalline?

VLT = 32 | TSER = 79 … TSER = Spectra Photosync SPH35
VLT = 44 | TSER = 71 … TSER = Spectra Photosync SPH45
VLT = 55 | TSER = 67 … TSER = Spectra Photosync SPH55
VLT = 66 | TSER = 64 … TSER = Spectra Photosync SPH65
VLT = 75 | TSER = 58 … TSER = Spectra Photosync SPH75
Composition : Solar Adaptive Nano Technology, Signal Safe
PhotoSync® - Prestige Film Technologies

VLT = 39 | TSER = 60 … 3M Crystalline 40
VLT = 60 | TSER = 53 … 3M Crystalline 60
VLT = 69 | TSER = 50 … 3M Crystalline 70
VLT = 86 | TSER = 34 … 3M Crystalline 90
Composition : 200+ Nano Layers, Signal Safe
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/6...s-brochure.pdf

VLT = 06 | TSER = 75 … Huper Optik Ceramic 05
VLT = 15 | TSER = 73 … Huper Optik Ceramic 15
VLT = 21 | TSER = 68 … Huper Optik Ceramic 20
VLT = 30 | TSER = 63 … Huper Optik Ceramic 30
VLT = 34 | TSER = 61 … Huper Optik Ceramic 35
VLT = 40 | TSER = 55 … Huper Optik Ceramic 40
VLT = 52 | TSER = 50 … Huper Optik Ceramic 50
VLT = 60 | TSER = 43 … Huper Optik Ceramic 60
VLT = 71 | TSER = 48 … Huper Optik Ceramic 70
Composition : Nano Ceramic, Signal Safe
https://huperoptikusa.com/wp-content...s_Ceramics.pdf

Numbers are superior to 3M. (this was compiled by a thorough soul on a Honda Accord forum)

HOWEVER, I have Photosync on my X, and Huper Optik on my other car (Lexus CT200). I cannot tell much of a difference between the two in terms of heat rejection. I do not regret getting it, however I'm not sure I'd be willing to shell out over twice as much for a tint job on my future 3 (vs 3M). Photosync is expensive stuff.

VLT = 32 | TSER = 79 … TSER = Spectra Photosync SPH35
VLT = 44 | TSER = 71 … TSER = Spectra Photosync SPH45
VLT = 55 | TSER = 67 … TSER = Spectra Photosync SPH55
VLT = 66 | TSER = 64 … TSER = Spectra Photosync SPH65
VLT = 75 | TSER = 58 … TSER = Spectra Photosync SPH75
Composition : Solar Adaptive Nano Technology, Signal Safe
PhotoSync® - Prestige Film Technologies

VLT = 60 | TSER = 53 … 3M Crystalline 60
VLT = 69 | TSER = 50 … 3M Crystalline 70
VLT = 86 | TSER = 34 … 3M Crystalline 90
Composition : 200+ Nano Layers, Signal Safe
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/6...s-brochure.pdf

VLT = 06 | TSER = 75 … Huper Optik Ceramic 05
VLT = 15 | TSER = 73 … Huper Optik Ceramic 15
VLT = 21 | TSER = 68 … Huper Optik Ceramic 20
VLT = 34 | TSER = 61 … Huper Optik Ceramic 35
VLT = 40 | TSER = 55 … Huper Optik Ceramic 40
VLT = 52 | TSER = 50 … Huper Optik Ceramic 50
VLT = 60 | TSER = 43 … Huper Optik Ceramic 60
VLT = 71 | TSER = 48 … Huper Optik Ceramic 70
Composition : Nano Ceramic, Signal Safe
https://huperoptikusa.com/wp-content...s_Ceramics.pdf

Numbers are superior to 3M. (this was compiled by a thorough soul on a Honda Accord forum)

HOWEVER, I have Photosync on my X, and Huper Optik on my other car (Lexus CT200). I cannot tell much of a difference between the two in terms of heat rejection. I do not regret getting it, however I'm not sure I'd be willing to shell out over twice as much for a tint job on my future 3 (vs 3M). Photosync is expensive stuff.

The performance from huper and crystalline are good but both films ghost if not shrunk out properly. The reason that this happens is that the film is over stretched while shrinking it. So if you have a curved window like the back glass on a model 3 or the windshield on a X you have a high probability that you will get this to happen. For my personal taste photosync is the least reflective and the clearest out of the three and does not have the milky look when the sun hits the window at the right angle that you get when its a full ceramic. Huper is my choice after that, and as for Crystalline I wouldn't put it on another car. So it all comes down to what you value! Your have good films to choose from!! All good products!

Wincos is another good brand for ceramic. Not my favorite but it preforms well.

These are the difference in numbers between the three
VLT = 32 | TSER = 79 ... Spectra Photosync SPH35

He said it's a one piece rear tint. Even though it's 35%, it doesn't look as dark - maybe a testament to the clarity of the tint. Also, looking out you don't always see the tint as well. Would be more apparent outdoors, and from outside looking in. I'm pretty sure theres no line there.

The factory glass is pretty dork on the top on the window and the film is 35%. Which is a medium light film. So its a good film to be able to see out with whether its day or night!

I don't understand the desire to have dark windows. Franz designed the car to look a certain way, including the large part of the car that is the windows.
I understand the desire to reduce heat gain. I live in SW Fl. Can't you do the same thing with heat gain using ceramics and maintain the overall look as designed?
Educate me please.

Reactions: xyeahtony
I don't understand the desire to have dark windows. Franz designed the car to look a certain way, including the large part of the car that is the windows.
I understand the desire to reduce heat gain. I live in SW Fl. Can't you do the same thing with heat gain using ceramics and maintain the overall look as designed?
Educate me please.

35% is definitely not too dark. There are plenty of pictures floating around to see - at 35-40% is where you seem to get the best heat rejection, which is my primary concern. You can still see into the car from outside with that degree of tint, and there are no problems with nighttime vis. Imagine someone wearing sunglasses, where you can still make out the eyes behind the sunglasses, but not necessarily what or where their pupils are aimed. I would make that analogy. 75% (or even 65% according to some people) you can barely tell a tint is even present.

Educate me please.
Yes you do get a better performance out of ceramic films. Dyed films will absorb the heat so you can only get so far with it. While when ceramic is introduced it is reflecting that heat and infrared. So if you are reflecting that heat you don't have to go really dark to get the same performance or better! They used metal before ceramic, but that started messing with am radio reception and as the cars have gotten more advanced the less interference the better. So ceramic was born. But the difference is night and day with a good ceramic.