Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spectra Photosync Tints in the GTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had these tints installed in the GTA?

If so, can you please tell me where you got them done, if you were happy with the work and if you've noticed an appreciable difference in the tints blocking out heat?

Did you do your windshield and what percentage are your tints? I am contemplating getting very light tints (not a fan of dark tints) but my only reason for doing so would be to block out heat and from what I've read, Spectra Photosync is the best at blocking out heat. For me, I would only tint for the functional purpose, not the aesthetic purpose.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thx.

Has anyone had these tints installed in the GTA?

If so, can you please tell me where you got them done, if you were happy with the work and if you've noticed an appreciable difference in the tints blocking out heat?

Did you do your windshield and what percentage are your tints? I am contemplating getting very light tints (not a fan of dark tints) but my only reason for doing so would be to block out heat and from what I've read, Spectra Photosync is the best at blocking out heat. For me, I would only tint for the functional purpose, not the aesthetic purpose.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thx.

Let me know where you end up and what you actually do. I'm looking for the same kind of thing (windshield and windows in a light tint - will you do the sunroof as well?).

Let me know where you end up and what you actually do. I'm looking for the same kind of thing (windshield and windows in a light tint - will you do the sunroof as well?).

Before I bought and picked up the car, I was going to buy the internal sunroof screen but my sales associate convinced me not to, basically saying the existing tint was sufficient.

I think it was the right call for me. The Southern Ontario sun doesn't seem to bother me from above (in the car) so I don't think I would tint the sunroof.

I would do windshield, and the four windows, all with a very light tint. I still don't know for sure if I will do it as I am trying to balance the cost vs. the benefit. This is a no brainer for many owners in Cali, NV, AZ or FL, but I am not sure it is warranted here.

Fabian is doing mine in Photosync. 45% front, sides. Back in 1 piece. Going in this weekend.
Not inexpensive but it’s what I want. Pricing for mine based on PPF and Ceramic as well so please don’t ask me. I’ll post pics when done.

Fabian is doing mine in Photosync. 45% front, sides. Back in 1 piece. Going in this weekend.
Not inexpensive but it’s what I want. Pricing for mine based on PPF and Ceramic as well so please don’t ask me. I’ll post pics when done.

From what I've been reading, Photosync is a product that stands alone as far as keeping heat out of the car, so you always pay a premium for such products. Based on my needs and what I am looking for, Photosync is the only option.

I will be eager to see your pics when done.

Before I bought and picked up the car, I was going to buy the internal sunroof screen but my sales associate convinced me not to, basically saying the existing tint was sufficient.

I think it was the right call for me. The Southern Ontario sun doesn't seem to bother me from above (in the car) so I don't think I would tint the sunroof.

I would do windshield, and the four windows, all with a very light tint. I still don't know for sure if I will do it as I am trying to balance the cost vs. the benefit. This is a no brainer for many owners in Cali, NV, AZ or FL, but I am not sure it is warranted here.

I think I'm literally in the same boat, although with traveling through the US at times, that's making me consider the sunroof as well.

Reactions: Struja
I found some reviews from this forum on the product, in case anyone is wondering whether it's worth the money.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/559830/

If you look for posts starting around 549, there's good comments about it - #551 explained that it's unnecessary to do the sunroof. I'm going to pursue getting it done. I'll figure out the variations when I'm there. #552 has a bit of detail too.

Reactions: Struja