Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculate: what will be included in the next major revamp of the Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simple windshield wipers with intermittent settings not this automated crap that doesn't work. Acceptance of third-party apps like Waze, interior refinements such as better lighting and better materials consistency in fixing squeaks and incredibly annoying wind noise. And a battery that actually will allow the car to go 300 miles on a charge without it having to be downhill and performance numbers and horsepower that meet their claims

It seems like people are now posting their wish lists rather than things they think are going to be in a possible refresh...

Eww why would anyone want the model X nose. Different doesn't always look better..

2016-Tesla-Model-X-Production-SuperSUV-20-400x241.jpg

But check it out on the S, courtesy of reddit. I think it could look more muscular, and is a great refresh:

2xWV9Ym.jpg

I would like to see FLIR Large animal detection for night driving enhanced safety sooner than later. There are more large animals in Montana than people, and are best to avoid hitting. People walking dogs on rural roadways are so hard to see and consequences can be horrific. A system that puts a yellow box around objects that turn red and sound an audio alert if they are nearing your driving path. Passengers could assist the driver by watching the monitor. Better yet, when the animal is detected, the car brakes to the avoid impact. I read that Mobile Eye plans to ad large animal detection.
This an after market product that so far won't work with our 17 inch UI so would require yet another monitor mounted somewhere. That would be a bit to much but I love the technology.

FLIR PathFindIR NIGHT VISION CAMERA

Mercedes has a very good product

Last edited by a moderator:
More wish-list than speculation: Inflatable seats (similar to the Mercedes option) that can hold you in while cornering and massage your back on long trips.

Panic bar (grab handle) for obvious reasons and also to help the elderly get in and out of the car.

Or maybe I can date younger women. Again, more wish-list than speculation.

I want that fugly nose on all new cars because it will instantly increase the value of my classic Model S:)

Hah that would be funny. People looking for pre-x numbered cars to not get the re-designed nose cone and increasing the older cars value. The front of a car is it's "face". The X front end reminds of something like this:

no-mouth.jpg

Remember, there are cars out there that do or have in the past no front radiator and not really "needed" a front grill to suck in air. They haven't done a plain nose like that before in the past because it looks silly.

You do realize that cars are not people like? Are you also going to complain that when cars loose the side view mirrors it is like cutting off the ears of a person? :)

The nosecone is a silly appendage to make the initial Model S vehicles blend in with other cars. That is now unnecessary.

I bet the nosecone will be gone next year and we will have a new and sleek look for the Model S.

Last edited: