Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculating Model 3 AC Charging Options for Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because I'm bored I wanted to ask this of people here...

So the US charging is 48Amps @ 240V, 1P for the LR car. The Gen 2 UMC also has 2 extra unused ports in the adapters that looks like could be used for 3 phase charging. L1 and N are larger but that could be because it could supply additional 1P current.

Thus I'm guessing that European Model 3's will do 1x32A (for single phase) and 3x16A for 3 phase.

That leaves us with the SR model. Specwise that is stated to only have 1x32A max for NA config. This makes me wonder if there's even going to be 3 phase support on the SR model. A lot of EU cars do only support single phase so there's precedent for this, but I'm not 100% sure. Otherwise maybe the SR model could do 3x12 or some oddball config like 3x10 or 3x11. If it was 1P only across the board that would at least reduce some cost where every little penny counts (though some wiring may still be needed to support supercharging?)

How do you think the AC charging stuff is going to play out for those in Europe?