Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Speculation] 120kWh Model S links on German Tesla site?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, exactly, 5 segments (min 90 mi from Rhüden to Mücke and max 180 mi to reach Rhünden (we start with full charge in the morning))

With a 90D (AWD) it should be even better ! (we target about 15% battery left when reaching supercharger for extra safety)

In winter and/or with bad weather it can be different but we'll probably drive slowly as well.

100 mph for everybody is probably overkill :) But it happens I cross Germany from far north to Switzerland (1200 km / 750 mi) during Easter break. It took exactly 14h (including breaks and traffic jam...). So it's an average of 85 km/h (~53 mph with breaks). Most of the trip was done with autopilot set to 150 km/h (~ 93 mph, max speed for autopilot). We have done only 4 superchargers breaks (Rhüden, Mücke, Hirschberg and Egerkingen) and we were 4 persons with lots of stuff.
Good gosh I wish I still lived there. I tried to emigrate in 2004, but the requirements were too stringent. Somali and Syrian immigrants are Ok, but not Americans of German/Swedish descent. :huh?:

Dont get this imminent 100KWH never mind a photoshopped (imho) 120KWH.
It will come for sure but not for a while.

Specifically - Imagine the sh*tstorm that would kick off if MX owners having waited for years to get their car, only for Tesla to release within weeks a battery upgrade.

I know Tesla are for continuous improvement and have been known to shoot themselves in the foot but outright suicide is pushing it a bit too far.

I call Fall at the absolute earliest, or Q1 next year.

Whilst in speculation mode - Next big update will be remoting your phone screen and interface to the 17 inch negating the calls for carplay or Android Auto and giving Tesla great differentiation from all other auto manufacturers. Risk is the safety police will step in and spoil the show somewhat.

Yes, exactly, 5 segments (min 90 mi from Rhüden to Mücke and max 180 mi to reach Rhünden (we start with full charge in the morning))

With a 90D (AWD) it should be even better ! (we target about 15% battery left when reaching supercharger for extra safety)

That is exactly my thinking. As far as I understand the max from full to empty is around 77 kWh usable. With 15% (10 kWh) left that leaves me with 67 kWh usable (unless in a rush going only to 90% at the SC). Not much if you are averaging a higher rate. 90 usable would be a very significant advance for this in particular I think.

That is exactly my thinking. As far as I understand the max from full to empty is around 77 kWh usable. With 15% (10 kWh) left that leaves me with 67 kWh usable (unless in a rush going only to 90% at the SC). Not much if you are averaging a higher rate. 90 usable would be a very significant advance for this in particular I think.

Of cours a bigger battery would be fine but I would say it work fine today as it is. If a 100 kwh battery appear I would jump on it, for sure... :)

I was doing a 90-95% charge at each SC (take 20-40 minutes depending of legs). Waiting the 100% is way too long and at the end, slow the whole trip more than doing an additional quick SC stop.

I self tested this approach by slowing/ setting the A8 cruise to 140 km/h today, and must admit it did very little damage to my average (120 km/h) on a 263 km trip. And I did stop once for coffee, i.e. that would have been enough for a quick topping off at an SC.:rolleyes:

I still do think that a true 100 kWh will be the turning point for our type of use.:)
Otherwise, PHEVs will become dominant instead. o_O

• Disagree
Reactions: Tanquen
Found this on Facebook today! :eek:

Plaid-Tesla.jpg

The 120kWh was too much, but if it would have just been 100, I guess I would have believed it for a moment.

But it would be way better to include some fake information in the fine-print at the bottom of the site, something like: "plaid upgrade only available with 100kWh battery", but at the South Korean, or Hong Kong website. Of course in the matching language, to give a reason why nobody noticed it so far.

...obviously. Just wanted to contribute to the Photoshop challenge. BTW didn't edit the buttons, so you can't trust that analytics on everything, just because it marks it as purple. ;)

Could have remove the Adobe tags, but wasn't worth it.

Edit: Just dropped the original image into that analytics page and it was flagged as "questionable". Then took the image, opened it in Photoshop, saved it without changes and it got flagged as edited. So hmm.

Last edited:
Reactions: R.S and deonb