Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation about the Opportunity Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also I need to have a place to put documents which I collect while on a trip. For tax purposes, I need to keep records of all expenses. Currently I use a clip (as in a clipboard) to hold all those little receipts.

Sounds like you need a BusinessTrip.app for your Infotainment screen! Something you can click to start and stop your drive logs perhaps?

Last edited:
Here's an update I just received from my Tesla rep:

Todd's Question said:
What is the current status of the little shelf below the touchscreen? George Blankenship has mentioned it will be a standard free feature, but it is not appearing on signature-delivered cars. I'm concerned about this due to the complete lack of storage in the cabin.

Tesla Rep's Response said:
It will eventually make it into production later this year. It’s introduction was a rapid prototyping exercise to meet customer requests. It will be retrofit-able into all customer cars.

Todd's Question said:
What is the status on the "opportunity console" development? Again, this is a concern due to the lack of storage in the Model S. This console has been promised but we haven't heard anything from Tesla for months about it.

Tesla Rep's Response said:
Opportunity console inserts are still in development and will be offered at a later date.

OK, so that didn't provide any additional information.