Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation: Delay in 6.0 Due to Liability and User Experience Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is mere speculation, but my bets are the first week of August when Tesla restarts manufacturing. Since Tesla is upgrading its factory, it might as well bring online new features - perhaps new seats and interior finishes, styling changes, new colors, active safety, 4G/LTE, etc. I think we are going to see a slightly revamped Model S which will ship with 6.0. Elon was recently heard talking about how Model S will be able to route you to an available, unused supercharger. It sounds like there are going to be some groundbreaking features in 6.0 that Tesla is going to feature on its web site.

Again, just idle speculation...

I'd be surprised if some haven't had it for awhile. The Tesla Road Trip cars had it, and apparently the cars at ReFuel this weekend had it. Maybe they keep running into issues with it, who knows, but I really hope it's not just going out for testing now.

I was on the road trip and don't have it (but I suppose I couldn't say if I did).

I was on the road trip and don't have it (but I suppose I couldn't say if I did).

I interpreted "Tesla Road Trip cars" as the ones owned by Tesla for their world record run from LA to New York in the middle of the Winter, not the recent customer road trip to TMC Connect. There was talk back when that happened of these cars running beta firmware (or at least a customized firmware version) that gave a lot more info for planning energy consumption.

Was driving the Pebble Beach green bus behind you when you were headed south between San Jose and Monterey on Friday. Not too far behind was my wife's Red. Typical traffic for her commute on Friday afternoon. State law requires the population of Monterey Peninsula to triple on weekends. But we deal with it (to live in the bestest place in the world!!). Was great to see all the Teslas in our neighborhood - usually only 4 - 5 permanent ones around us.
Being relocated from Maryland, was good to see a Virginia tag.

Have a safe trip back to the right side of the country!
Get Amped.jpg

I interpreted "Tesla Road Trip cars" as the ones owned by Tesla for their world record run from LA to New York in the middle of the Winter, not the recent customer road trip to TMC Connect. There was talk back when that happened of these cars running beta firmware (or at least a customized firmware version) that gave a lot more info for planning energy consumption.
Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry I wasn't clear, andrewket.