Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[speculation] Expanded Brisbane Service and Delivery centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vedaprime

Feb 15, 2019
Brisbane
Bunnings at Albion was just sold to an undisclosed National Car Retailer. Given its size (much smaller than normal Bunnings), is it too big to be a possible service and delivery centre for Tesla preparing for Model 3 introduction?

Newstead is rather small for service and no room to service growth and is more a showroom. The mobile rangers are a welcome addition, and will work for a while.

I think it is more likely the Model 3 will have a leased dedicated delivery location when the 3’s start coming in bulk. I can’t see them all being handled at Newstead.

We should start to see Tesla preparing for 3’s across the country nowish, beyond the upgrade of superchargers for CCS, to facilitate deliveries and expanded service.

Whether the Albion Bunnings is for Tesla or not, it will be good to see some action in local Tesla preparations

Reactions: strykeroz
Bunnings at Albion was just sold to an undisclosed National Car Retailer. Given its size (much smaller than normal Bunnings), is it too big to be a possible service and delivery centre for Tesla preparing for Model 3 introduction?

Newstead is rather small for service and no room to service growth and is more a showroom. The mobile rangers are a welcome addition, and will work for a while.

I think it is more likely the Model 3 will have a leased dedicated delivery location when the 3’s start coming in bulk. I can’t see them all being handled at Newstead.

We should start to see Tesla preparing for 3’s across the country nowish, beyond the upgrade of superchargers for CCS, to facilitate deliveries and expanded service.

Whether the Albion Bunnings is for Tesla or not, it will be good to see some action in local Tesla preparations
Cars are generally not prepared by the ‘dealers’. I know tesla dont have dealerships but from what I’ve experienced they also use a 3rd part to recieve, wash, register (and deliver to showroom) a car ready for customer collection. My understanding is that tesla may have a national agreement in place for this task.