Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation: I can't wait to see the Model X this week...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know where Tesla did cold weather testing for the Model S? That would be another location where a glimpse of a Model X may be possible.

Model S weather testing was done in Baudette Minnesota at the AET Proving Grounds.

Cold Weather Testing Video 1
Cold Weather Testing Video 2

- - - Updated - - -

Wow Bonnie Sig no. 2!

Were you the lady that was first on the stage and jumped in the drivers seat for the Model X at the end reveal event?

Even if they have have produced one or a few Model X alphas by now (last week), I think Elon has to find time to go over them with a fine tooth comb before he will let anyone outside Tesla see them. And since he has indicated more than once that there will be substantial changes from the prototypes, this will really be a second reveal event. I am sure they are cranking up for a significant event. There is now so much press and analyst attention on the Model X that this has to be well planned, timed and executed!

No, I was the woman at the Model X launch event with her checkbook in hand, in line to make a deposit ... while everyone else was jumping on stage. That's how I got #2. :)

Well, I put my deposit in from a distance from Pagosa in rural SW Colorado and waited a week or or so before making it all happen, can't remember now. Anyway, I am happy to have reservation #87. Hopefully, Bonnie's detailed evaluation with many friends will find several problems/bugs that can be fixed before my delivery.

Any guesses on what the calendar date difference will be between Bonnie's #2 reservation in California and my #81 in Colorado. Also, how much attrition will there have been. What VIN will reservation #87 produce?

Last edited:
Model S weather testing was done in Baudette Minnesota at the AET Proving Grounds.

Cold Weather Testing Video 1
Cold Weather Testing Video 2

- - - Updated - - -

Wow Bonnie Sig no. 2!

Were you the lady that was first on the stage and jumped in the drivers seat for the Model X at the end reveal event?

This idea of cold weather testing is something I have been thinking about for awhile. Assuming they are planning on doing it here in Minnesota as they did for the Model S there's no way they count on it being that cold until mid December at the earliest, even in Baudette. That probably doesn't bode well for an early 2015 Model X launch.