Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Speculation] Model 3 0.237 kwh/mile!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the deal with TMC and "moot"? Soon you will be spreading your word problems to iceland and beyond.

Heh, keep your "problems" to yourself, ;p

Do you prefer the Oxford English Dictionary?

moot
ADJECTIVE

1. Subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty.

whether the temperature rise was mainly due to the greenhouse effect was a moot point’

2. Having little or no practical relevance.

the whole matter is becoming increasingly moot"

Or the Cambridge Dictionary?

moot
adjective

UK /muːt/ US /muːt/
1. discussed or argued about but having no definite answer:

2 .not important or not relevant, therefore not worth discussing:

We don't have enough money to go, so it's all moot anyway.

Or Merriam-Webster if you prefer American?

moot
adjective \ˈmüt\
Definition of moot
  1. 1a : open to question : debatableb : subjected to discussion : disputed

2. 2: deprived of practical significance : made abstract or purely academic
Go explain to your English teacher (or, more likely, a cute blog that complained about it to get pageclicks) how to use a dictionary.

I don't know about in Iceland, but in the US the definition you give for "moot" has evolved to something potentially debatable for theoretical or academic purposes, but for which there is no practical application of the resolution. That is, if a point is moot, that means you could debate it, there's just no reason to.

I feel English is messed up enough without making a word its own antonym. Perhaps covfefe could work?

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
when some of these people keep saying faster to charge they keep neglecting to mention only if you measure in miles/minute.

Here in Indy if they are able to pull 50 kW minimum:
K39wYe.jpg
I did forget to specify miles per minute. However, if you think about it, that is really the only metric that matters.

Reactions: SageBrush
It'd be amazing if the M3 is as efficient as the i3 without resorting to those silly wheels the i3 uses. They're the reason I just couldn't buy one.

We got a spectacular deal on the lease and it's a perfectly fine short-distance good weather city car. In severe winds, on rough roads, or in driving rain, though? I feel rather less comfortable driving it and agree the Model 3 is a more compelling alternative. That's why we have a reservation we expect around the time our lease runs out.