TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Speculation: New colours with M3

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by sandpiper, May 25, 2017.

1. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

For at least a decade, the fashion in colors as been white, black, various monochrome shades of silver and gray, and maybe one red or blue. That's in contrast to decades past, where parking lots looked like rainbows.

I keep hoping that we'll see some more variety on the roads, and I think it's slowly starting to happen. I'm looking at replacing my S with an upgrade later this year. And I'm hoping that Tesla puts out something more interesting.

I'm speculating that we'll see a new palette with the 3, and that it will be migrated to the S/X.

Any thoughts on what colors we're hoping for from Tesla in the near future?

2. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

One way for Tesla to differentiate Model S/X from Model 3 would be to radically expand the Model S/X palette, while giving Model 3 a very limited palette.

I know I'm envious to the Roadster crowd for their palette... I get it that not all such colors really work on larger hatchbacks/SUVs like Model S/X, but still...

3. Haxster

Haxster Member

Could this be one of the new colors?

New Color.jpg

:eek:o_O:confused:

• Funny x 1
  4. daniel

daniel Active Member

Given what we know about their intention to keep it as simple as possible, at least at first, I'd guess we'll see a very limited color palate in the first year. Maybe expanding eventually. (I love the "very orange" color of my Roadster, but for a sedan I think I'd choose a common blue.)

[​IMG]

That purple in Haxster's post looks kind of nice though. It would certainly stand out.

5. Haxster

Haxster Member

And, of course, you can have your car "wrapped" in virtually any color and sheen, as well as patterns and metallics. Fun stuff!

6. Tiger

Tiger Member

Yeah, wrapping is the way to go. Just order the black ford T color and wrap it annually to different colors.

7. MissAutobahn

MissAutobahn Elon, please ramp up Fremont in ludicrous mode!

Unfortunately wrapping is not as glossy as real painting.
    I would like to see a very glossy Glacier blue :rolleyes:

8. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

Aston Martin offers 30 paint colors on the (very model S like) Rapide S, and some would look spectacular on the Tesla Model S.

Aston Martin | Configure

I know... I'm asking too much. :)

9. MissAutobahn

MissAutobahn Elon, please ramp up Fremont in ludicrous mode!

Here in Europe as I heard, the new Opel Insignia will have an option where you can choose any individual color you like to drive :rolleyes:

I know, me too, asking too much :(

10. GarrickS

GarrickS Member

"Ocellus Teal" just made my heart skip a beat. That is incredible. I am in love.

11. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

Yep... that was one that stood out for me. Also the Appletree Green and Cinnabar Orange.

Beyond the exterior colors, the AM interiors are incredible; not crazy "luxurious" but stunning. That's what I hope to see in the next gen Model S. And for what the models S sells for, that's what they should be offering.