Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation: New colours with M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For at least a decade, the fashion in colors as been white, black, various monochrome shades of silver and gray, and maybe one red or blue. That's in contrast to decades past, where parking lots looked like rainbows.

I keep hoping that we'll see some more variety on the roads, and I think it's slowly starting to happen. I'm looking at replacing my S with an upgrade later this year. And I'm hoping that Tesla puts out something more interesting.

I'm speculating that we'll see a new palette with the 3, and that it will be migrated to the S/X.

Any thoughts on what colors we're hoping for from Tesla in the near future?

One way for Tesla to differentiate Model S/X from Model 3 would be to radically expand the Model S/X palette, while giving Model 3 a very limited palette.

I know I'm envious to the Roadster crowd for their palette... I get it that not all such colors really work on larger hatchbacks/SUVs like Model S/X, but still...

Could this be one of the new colors?

New Color.jpg

:eek:o_O:confused:

• Funny
Reactions: sandpiper
Given what we know about their intention to keep it as simple as possible, at least at first, I'd guess we'll see a very limited color palate in the first year. Maybe expanding eventually. (I love the "very orange" color of my Roadster, but for a sedan I think I'd choose a common blue.)

IMG_2874_zpsmuf8gqdl.jpg

That purple in Haxster's post looks kind of nice though. It would certainly stand out.

Aston Martin offers 30 paint colors on the (very model S like) Rapide S, and some would look spectacular on the Tesla Model S.

Aston Martin | Configure

I know... I'm asking too much. :)
Here in Europe as I heard, the new Opel Insignia will have an option where you can choose any individual color you like to drive :rolleyes:

I know, me too, asking too much :(

"Ocellus Teal" just made my heart skip a beat. That is incredible. I am in love.

Yep... that was one that stood out for me. Also the Appletree Green and Cinnabar Orange.

Beyond the exterior colors, the AM interiors are incredible; not crazy "luxurious" but stunning. That's what I hope to see in the next gen Model S. And for what the models S sells for, that's what they should be offering.