Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation on what "TESLIVE" actually is?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
144 days is a substantial amount of time, which leads me to suspect that TM is involved in this. Were it only a new TMC feature, I would expect to see faster implementation. Here are some ideas:

• a bridge between TMC and the TM forums

• a real-time information source for owners/reservation holders regarding new features, bug fixes, warranty policy, etc -- to replace the occasional TMC post by GeorgeB and other TM management

• a way of connecting with the factory that will obsolete traditional "talk through your dealer" methods

Last edited:
Someone asked me lately if my car could find me and pick me up (using my smartphone app). And someone mentioned Google's self-driving car thing. Would be pretty awesome. :cool: Could you imagine? It's - 40 outside, so I wait by the mall entrance until my car pulls up, already warm, and instead of walking 2 minutes and freezing my nose off. And then, of course, Tessie asks if I want hot chocolate or herbal tea. Now THAT would be "Teslive"

31623492.jpg

frankenstein-7_jpg_405x246_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

New Roadster??

Hmm. Maybe not a Roadster but the oft speculated about Tesla Super Car. I was thinking that maybe the S platform could lend itself to such a vehicle.

The overall dimensions don't seem that far off.

Model SBugatti VeyronMcLaren F1Mclaren MP4
Length196.0"175.7"168.8"177.4"
Width77.3"78.7"71.7"75.2"
Height56.5"45.6"44.9"47.2"
Wheel Base116.5"106.7"107.0"105.1"
Rear Track66.9"

Front Track65.4"

All dimensions from teslamotors.com or wikipedia.org

If Tesla could pull out 10-12" from the S platform wheel base. Fit a little wider tires (probably make the car a tiny bit wider). Double stack a battery pack, drop a motor in for the fronts. They could have a serious straight line vehicle. I think pure mass would limit handling. I don't think it would take much R&D to double stack a battery pack, and run another motor up front (since this control was probably developed for the Model X). Suspension would be the major undertaking here. And a (2 or 3 speed) transmission. And cutting off 10-12" of a battery pack. Height would be an issue, but dropping the Model S height 10" should be easy with a better seating position and a lower car. But adding another 5" or so for a battery pack would make the car a little tall. But you could stuff batteries in the 'back seat' that would mimic a mid engine weight distribution, that could make the car shorter also.

I am moving into wild speculation mode. I honestly think a Tesla supercar isn't going to happen anytime soon. I think it would cost too much, and not provide that much benefit. But thinking about it it might not be all that hard to put out a super car if everything is super modular.

Last edited:
Yes. But there seem to be different ways to try to decode autokey. For instance does it use a scrambled alphabet or not?

Also, that encrypted block was published before "TESLIVE" went "live", so I am guessing it wouldn't use that as the key.