Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation on what "TESLIVE" actually is?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Goes-to-11.png
Ohhh!! I see. You can probably drive your car upside down! Now, I don't know if that means you are upside down in a rightside up car, the car is upside down and you're not, or the whole package....!!! How exciting!

I'd say:
- Conference for members/owners
- App marketplace
- Pinheaded giant robot holding upside-down T... Is this when Cyberdyne Systems' Skynet became self aware?
- Wifi & 4G
- In-car Tesla branded Skype sessions... which would almost certainly lead to expiration of the operator.

After further consideration, my thought and hope is that this is a form of "live" connection with the factory. A lot could be gained by shortening the information loop between the public and the factory. At the moment we have two different blogs (TMC & TM's own blog) where people can ask questions and discuss issues, and every once in a while the factory will respond.

But there's a lot of inefficiency in this current setup. The same questions get asked over and over, even after they've already been addressed. And I imagine a fair number of issue reports never get noticed by the factory, or certainly not quickly—unless they're reported to Tesla service. These information delays open the door to "educated guesses" and theories about how the factory will respond to an issue. What a difference it would make if the factory responded in real time, even if only with "we're looking into it." If this was done well, it would simply blow away every other car manufacturer in terms of communication with the public.

First free ride across America using the new East/West Supercharger network.
One Model S going east and a second going west. They meet at a supercharger in the middle of the country and broadcast the meeting TESLIVE.
Hey Cinergi could post one of his famous videos. Now do I think this is viable idea, nope but it would be fun:smile:

Announcing Tesla's connectivity plans and app marketplace?

This seems the most reasonable to me. So far, I haven't seen anything official on the connectivity plans or an app marketplace. Having some kind of central "marketplace" to purchase these things for your Tesla Model S or X will be necessary at some point... and sooner rather than later. When thousands or even tens of thousands of Model S and X are on the road, I doubt Tesla will want to continue footing the bill for all the expensive data service.

The date seems to be "June 29th 2013", which is a Saturday. It has to be something to do with the connectivity package, like any good drug dealer they are giving us a "taste", to hook us in, then we'll have to start paying for it :) the iPhone and Android remote aps where just released, and the car needs data connectivity to keep them working. Based on VINs we are seeing, they have nearly 5,000 cars already produced, the connectivity charges are starting to add up, we are going to have to start paying sooner or later. I'm guessing June 29th, 2013 is just as good a day as any for that.

I'm guessing since Tesla is such a classy operation, they are going to integrate the extended warranty, service, and payment system for the cars connectivity to a new web portal where you can manage/order/pay for all of that. How's that sound?

One more thing: it's will be exactly a year since they starting manufacturing the Model S, that plays into it as well, somehow.

Goes-to-11.png
Given that Tesla is very inspired by Apple, I believe it is some form av annual conference, which they will also use as a channel for new announcements. Probably they will host it at their factory and broadcast it live on the Internet as well. What will be announced this summer? A final model X perhaps, some extra options for Model S, hopefully an SDK, probably not a GenIII prototype just yet (they don't want competitors to know too far in advance). We'll see ...

Maybe SpaceX is putting up A Tesla satelite to provide communication, music, data to all the cars they are selling. How cool would that be?? How many subscriptions would it take to pay for at least part of a launch?

- - - Updated - - -

More wild speculation!!

I'd be surprised if this is done by Tesla. Don't see them using tricky marketing schemes otherwise. Although Elon likes to point out perspectives far in the future, while giving a limited amount of information, he doesn't speak in riddles, and doesn't give out information as a continuous stream of tiny bits of vague hints. Tesla is more straightforward about things. (Except maybe the hyperloop. ;) )

This is probably done by some third party who likes to take advantage of this forum's tendency to speculate about things without any real info. It's an evil conspiracy. ;)