Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation on what "TESLIVE" actually is?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drive.png
Cross posting from the new clue thread, since the latest clue seems to speak more to what TESLIVE might be than previous ones:

Glad your e-watch is working Nick. Ghe Time Management Clock is key to getting all of us in sync. We're taking Sturgis here. I understand you are exhausted. Get some rest and when its safe to move again you should stop by to see Nobel Klinamen. He will straighten you out on the importance of this. I mean, how cool will it be to have a few hundred teslas and their owners in one place?

Goes-to-11.png
Cross posting from the new clue thread, since the latest clue seems to speak more to what TESLIVE might be than previous ones:

Glad your e-watch is working Nick. Ghe Time Management Clock is key to getting all of us in sync. We're taking Sturgis here. I understand you are exhausted. Get some rest and when its safe to move again you should stop by to see Nobel Klinamen. He will straighten you out on the importance of this. I mean, how cool will it be to have a few hundred teslas and their owners in one place?

A conference/gathering?

"We're talking Sturgis here."

Somebody pointed out on the other thread that this could refer to the Sturgis motorcycle rally. So I think some kind of meetup is the most likely thing. The reference to almonds in the earlier message as well a location on the coast makes a California location likely (it's the most logical place anyway).

Sacramento, Chico and Ripon all claim the title of "Almond Capital of the World"

Goes-to-11.png
"We're talking Sturgis here."

Somebody pointed out on the other thread that this could refer to the Sturgis motorcycle rally. So I think some kind of meetup is the most likely thing. The reference to almonds in the earlier message as well a location on the coast makes a California location likely (it's the most logical place anyway).

I agree, I think a "Sturgis-like" rally could be located in either Northern or Southern California, with cars proceeding along Interstate 5 (which has many almond orchards along the freeway). It also happens to have SuperChargers, which would we be necessary for any kind of mass rally of Teslas.

I think it unlikely that Tesla would have enough time to build out enough superchargers along I-80, I-40, or I-10 to allow any kind of massive cross-country attendance, but I guess they could always surprise us.

I think it unlikely that Tesla would have enough time to build out enough superchargers along I-80, I-40, or I-10 to allow any kind of massive cross-country attendance, but I guess they could always surprise us.

Maybe that's why it's over 4 months away. It could be that Tesla owners nationwide will converge in 1 spot, fuelled by sunshine (see the thread on that). That would be quite a media event, attracting nationwide coverage. Yeah, it could certainly be something along these lines. With the mention of GM, perhaps it will be located centrally in the U.S., oh say near Detroit :) Talk about rubbing it in the mainstream auto manufacturers faces... It also cuts down the travel distance if its centrally located, it might be important to show it isn't just a "California dream".

I agree, I think a "Sturgis-like" rally could be located in either Northern or Southern California, with cars proceeding along Interstate 5 (which has many almond orchards along the freeway). It also happens to have SuperChargers, which would we be necessary for any kind of mass rally of Teslas.

Give some love to I-70 too? :) It makes it most of the way!

Give some love to I-70 too? :) It makes it most of the way!

Ok, Flasher, you can come too. I'll let the "powers that be" know to include I-70 (and I-90 too). ;)

Holding a Sturgis-like rally in California makes it really only a regional event. Nothing wrong with that, but it certainly isn't big news.

I agree, this is a lot of hype, suspense, build up to go through for a regional "rally" event.

It makes me think the "live" portion of Teslive implies multiple simultaneous events going on at once, all "transmitting" their local events to a central place (via Skype?).

Ok, Flasher, you can come too. I'll let the "powers that be" know to include I-70 (and I-90 too). ;)

I agree, this is a lot of hype, suspense, build up to go through for a regional "rally" event.

It makes me think the "live" portion of Teslive implies multiple simultaneous events going on at once, all "transmitting" their local events to a central place (via Skype?).

I like that idea. It would make sense.