Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation on what "TESLIVE" actually is?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PureAmps

Model S P85 (#2817)
Oct 22, 2012
SF Bay Area
Goes-to-11.png
It seems we have to wait 145 more days...until 9am Saturday, June 29, 2013....

Screen Shot 2013-02-03 at 11.00.37 PM.png

This also closes the loop on the very first puzzle "sliv"...

Last edited:
Goes-to-11.png
Hmm... Saturday, June 29th?

What is "TESLIVE?"

It looks like there is a new user on this forum called TESLIVE:
View Profile: TESLIVE - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

---

I think that is the same weekend as Refuel races.
My Nissan Leaf Forum View topic - All EV Rally, BC 2 BC June 29, 2013 !!!!
SPECIAL EVENT: Speed Ventures is hosting the REFUEL Alternative Vehicle Demonstration at MAZDA Raceway Laguna Seca on Sunday June 30, 2013. We will have one or two regular car run groups available that day. The rest of the day will be made available for electric cars and motorcycles. Information and registration for REFUEL can be found at http://www.refuelraces.com (Registration opens soon).

Last edited:
Ok I want this thread to be different to 'Top Menu' as it looks like we will still get clues towards whatnot. I think discussing the clues there and what we think the outcome will be. I assume June 29th.

The first question I want to pose is do we think this is Telsa Motors Club behind this? Or do we think TMC let Tesla Motors post some puzzles on this site to hype up the people who will talk most about their cars?

I am still on the fence on who TMC or TM is behind this 'game'.

And I am a moderator and 100% in the dark. So no I am not leading people on. But I would say that if I was leading people on so ...

So basically, you're saying we shouldn't believe you. :)
We know it's driven by Doug. Would be a surprise if other mod's were involved as they are helping out in the hunt. My initial thought is TESLIVE is the new name of this forum and will roll out on when the counter runs out. But I do hope that one day the rest of the clues will be explained since many have spent a good number of cycles.

We know it's driven by Doug. Would be a surprise if other mod's were involved as they are helping out in the hunt. My initial thought is TESLIVE is the new name of this forum and will roll out on when the counter runs out. But I do hope that one day the rest of the clues will be explained since many have spent a good number of cycles.

I guess I'm more suspicious than you, dd. Driven by doug ... or executed by doug ... or doug is aware? We have three other admins. Why doug? Only because he interacts more with the forum or?

I guess I'm more suspicious than you, dd. Driven by doug ... or executed by doug ... or doug is aware? We have three other admins. Why doug? Only because he interacts more with the forum or?

I am with Bonnie on this one. I have to think doug is involved at some level, his silence sort of implicates him. But he could just be putting up that banner for someone else and be almost as in the dark as the rest of us are.

But even then there are other Admins, so doug could not really know more than us, and someone else is updating the site. The way George B. shows up here every now and then this forum seems semi-official. I could see Tesla trying to get our attention in some way that most of the public wouldn't necessarily see. But I think 70:30 it is going to be a TMC announcement. But as to what I have no idea. I doubt a format/url change would have an almost 9 month lead up. It seems excessive.

This whole Top Menu business feels like TMC. But I can't see what TMC would want to hype up for this long. I think it would be odd if Tesla Motors was behind this, but not out of the question. And if they are what would they be hyping for 9 months, on a non-official forum?

I can't think of anything that would get 9 months of hype for just TMC.

I could see TM hyping Model X pricing, a Gen III car, a new roadster, a highly upgraded roadster (with all the pre-owned ones they bought!), or the start of a marketing campaign. But I don't really see why Tesla Motors would choose TMC as the place to hype it. Sure you get a lot of enthusiast eyes, but you don't get a lot else.

I am leaning towards TM being behind it. Trying to start a marketing campaign, event(s). But I honestly have no idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting the teslive navigation button next to the reply to thread at the end of the thread.

That is done automatically based on the forum section you are in.

Goes-to-11.png
I don't see how Tesla could be far enough along a Gen III platform, with no leaks anywhere, to have an announce date this far along. I don't know if they are going to want to steal the Model X thunder either. I could see another S platform vehicle as something they could have a prototype of.

The "TESLIVE" pic in the 'Top Menu' is called 'alive'. Which means something different than 'live' to me. Maybe it is an SDK release date. Your car comes 'Alive' with apps? Their platform could be called "TESLIVE" maybe?

It seems unlikely to me that this has anything to do with Tesla Motors (corporate). Tesla likes to be in control and do their own marketing through events, stores, and PR. The TMC forums have always been independent of TM. I really can't see that independence changing without a larger discussion.

Though Tesla has on occasion used TMC for research and dissemination of information (Opportunity console input and GB's "calming the waters" posts). So it is plausible that Tesla is behind this. Also there is that Nick guy that seems to be directly linked to Tesla.

Someone asked me lately if my car could find me and pick me up (using my smartphone app). And someone mentioned Google's self-driving car thing. Would be pretty awesome. :cool: Could you imagine? It's - 40 outside, so I wait by the mall entrance until my car pulls up, already warm, and instead of walking 2 minutes and freezing my nose off. And then, of course, Tessie asks if I want hot chocolate or herbal tea. Now THAT would be "Teslive"