Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Speculation] Production 18" Wheels without Aero Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since it's been reported that the VP of Engineering confirmed that these are indeed the aero wheels without the covers can a moderator remove "Speculation" from the thread title or is it still considered hearsay?

Since it's been reported that the VP of Engineering confirmed that these are indeed the aero wheels without the covers can a moderator remove "Speculation" from the thread title or is it still considered hearsay?
Nah, I'm sure we can beat this one to death for couple dozen more posts. :p

There still might be some non-believers out there.

• Funny
Reactions: DR61
21055877_10155809797389883_3644008864456176293_o.jpg

Wonder why this one is missing the lug nut caps and a Tesla center cap?

A Tesla Model 3 is going around the country – now in Louisiana

Because it's a test car.

Because it is a release candidate out testing and I'm sure they just didn't bother putting them on.

True but it seems Tesla is using this as a roadshow car, interesting that they wouldn't use a complete car. Also odd they would take the aero covers off if they drove all the way to Louisiana with the alleged efficiency they bring.

True but it seems Tesla is using this as a roadshow car, interesting that they wouldn't use a complete car. Also odd they would take the aero covers off if they drove all the way to Louisiana with the alleged efficiency they bring.

It's not a roadshow car in the sense of displaying it to the public (which as far as I know it hasn't been). It's apparently touring the stores and service centers, but probably primarily for employees to get familiar with the car as employees, not potential buyers. It happens to be without the Aero caps in these pictures, but I would imagine one of the things they are showing is how to take the aero caps on and off.

Last edited:
Reactions: McManX
As gregincal states, I believe you are referencing the Electrek article. In my opinion they tend to take a few leaps and make assumptions lot the times. I highly doubt this is being used as a roadshow car.

Reactions: McManX
Anyone with better photoshop skills able to mock up the sport wheels with a gloss black powder coat look? I'm thinking black Model 3, but if I could get the black wheels, I'd maybe consider the white. Or is this just an all around dumb idea and I should drop it?? :p

IMG_0623.JPG

Edit: Kinda like this beauty here.

Last edited:
Anyone with better photoshop skills able to mock up the sport wheels with a gloss black powder coat look? I'm thinking black Model 3, but if I could get the black wheels, I'd maybe consider the white. Or is this just an all around dumb idea and I should drop it?? :p

View attachment 243737
Edit: Kinda like this beauty here.

I'm a bit confused about why you posted a question on the sport wheels in a thread about the aero wheels.

Because I'm a rebel who doesn't play by your rules? Actually just wanted to ask a question and not start another thread, and figured an 11 page thread about wheels was as good as any. But feel free to police my other forums posts as well. Enjoy your Friday evening.

• Disagree
Reactions: Zoomit