Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation re: next major Model S upgrade announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a little surprised by that. It's not in use today, but it seems like it would be something nice to keep in case they want to add some functionality to AutoPilot that could use that button, since most cars have the button. As it is, it's probably more than a little confusing for new drivers because all 3 directions of the stalk have dual (or triple) functions based on how far, how long, or how many times you move the stalk.

I've seen a few quotes about this. Am I crazy or does the button still function to disable TACC/AP? I swear to god that I use it to do that from muscle memory but maybe I am nutz. (I'd go test it if we weren't under 6 inches of snow in BNA making it impossible to exit my blocked in garage at this point.)

I've seen a few quotes about this. Am I crazy or does the button still function to disable TACC/AP? I swear to god that I use it to do that from muscle memory but maybe I am nutz. (I'd go test it if we weren't under 6 inches of snow in BNA making it impossible to exit my blocked in garage at this point.)

6" and you can't get out?

We have about 2' and our street hasn't been plowed yet.... So I'm stuck too, but yes I think the button still does cancel AP.

The button will shut off TACC and Autopilot... I have no idea why people think it doesnt work anymore. Silly.