Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Speculation] September 29! What a day! What a lovely day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. Tesla will present production Model X
  2. Low numbered attending Signature reservation holders will get their cars
  3. Tesla will release Firmware 7.0 to fully enable Autopilot 1.0
  4. Model S will get following updates: (to match Model X)

• Updated interior:
    • Ventilated seats
    • Adjustable seatbelt height
    • USB port for back seats
    • Center console will be standard
    • New options of textiles and trims
  • Updated exterior:
    • New nose cone design
    • LED headlamps
    • New exterior colors
  • New Autopilot hardware (2.0) with some features available immediately and some with software updates
  • 90D will be standard
  • New processor
  • 20" wheel option
  • Wiring for future retrofit of side mirror to cameras

1. Tesla will present production Model X
  2. Low numbered attending Signature reservation holders will get their cars
  3. Tesla will release Firmware 7.0 to fully enable Autopilot 1.0
  4. Model S will get following updates: (to match Model X)

• Updated interior:
    • Ventilated seats
    • Adjustable seatbelt height
    • USB port for back seats
    • Center console will be standard
    • New options of textiles and trims
  • Updated exterior:
    • New nose cone design
    • LED headlamps
    • New exterior colors
  • New Autopilot hardware (2.0) with some features available immediately and some with software updates
  • 90D will be standard
  • New processor
  • 20" wheel option
  • Wiring for future retrofit of side mirror to cameras

You forgot about the lighted vanity mirrors, coat hooks, grab bars AND a free pony to everyone that places an order on 9/29

September 29! What a day! What a lovely day!

To the OP: I hope you are aware that many of the items on your list are speculation and not based on information from Tesla, specifically the new nose cone, LED headlamps, new exterior colors, new Autopilot hardware, new processor, 90D will be standard,and wiring for future retrofit of side mirror to cameras., among others.
Your post could be interpreted as you are stating facts, not speculating. I do admire your optimism. [emoji3] Some of the items you list may come true on Sep 29. Or not.

Yes, it would be helpful to clarify if this is speculation or information being relayed.

USB ports for back seats would be a welcome addition to the X. I thought they'd never resurface.

[*]90D will be standard

Elon has already said that the Model X will be $5K more than a Model S. So that includes the choice of the smaller 70 kWh and 85 kWh battery pack. There won't be a 2WD version however. The smaller pack achieves what he and Tesla has always said, which is the vehicles need to go more than 200 miles on a charge. You can do that even in the 70D. I'm sure that is why they got rid of the 60 kWh pack because it couldn't pull off the 200 miles and they knew the Model X would come out.

That's my guess. But would be nice if Tesla updated the X reservation page. No need to misinform and irritate more people with bad communications. :p

Model X delivery time for new reservations?
I have been in the computer business for over 35 years. For as long as I can remember stating first half, end of quarter or whatever abstract term you want to use always means last day of that period. Then if you miraculously deliver any day prior to that you are a hero.