Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation - Supercharger - Griffintown, Qc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Tesla X last week and I've seen on Tesla website that a supercharger is planned for 2019 in Griffintown. I live in Verdun so this will be the closest and more convenient for me. Starting this thread to follow this location.

Supercharger-Griffintown.jpg

And why would you use a supercharger near your house?

*Shots fired*
I was going to ask the same but then remembered that when I lived in Verdun, most of the parking was on the side of the street. Not everyone would be able to charge at home.

With that said, I have never charged at the Supercharger closest to my house. The Supercharger I've used the most is 220 miles away from where I live.

Just got my Tesla X last week and I've seen on Tesla website that a supercharger is planned for 2019 in Griffintown. I live in Verdun so this will be the closest and more convenient for me. Starting this thread to follow this location.

View attachment 359002
Damn it! I thought we found a new Supercharger, and I was checking out Griffintown for charging locations less than 24 hours ago!
The good possible locations
- ALT Hotel
- CF Tour Deloitte

Yes I hate it when these threads get started prematurely. Such a tease!

And then the process repeats itself every month or so when someone bumps the thread saying "Any news on this one?" lol

.. and then when I ignore the thread because it has no useful info, then months later someone *does* add useful info to it, it doesn't show in the "Recent threads" option which I frequently use to search for newly created supercharger threads! :-<

Hi guys,

Sorry if I created this thread too soon. I thought that was the way to go so feel free to delete it if needed.
Just getting excited because I have my X for a week now and just want to contribute to this forum.
And why would you use a supercharger near your house?

*Shots fired*

I was going to ask the same but then remembered that when I lived in Verdun, most of the parking was on the side of the street. Not everyone would be able to charge at home.

I am fortunate to have a nice house in Verdun with a backyard, garage and driveway. I have a HPWC (actually a NEMA 14-50 while I wait for my referral HPWC to arrive and swap it) in my driveway and planning to use it as my main source of power. However I find it convenient to have superchargers all around. The more the better IMHO.

I don’t know yet how my travel/charging habits are going to be. I suspect that I will use the superchargers on my way to destinations outside of Montreal. Like the one in DIX30 when going east, the one in Laval when going north, etc.

2019 in Tesla language probably means 2021.

However, since we're speculating, the eventual location may be the garage where the ALT Hotel already offers Tesla wall connectors. The family that operates the ALT hotels is the same one that runs the Hotel Germain Charlevoix where there are Superchargers in Baie-Saint-Paul.

2019 in Tesla language probably means 2021.

However, since we're speculating, the eventual location may be the garage where the ALT Hotel already offers Tesla wall connectors. The family that operates the ALT hotels is the same one that runs the Hotel Germain Charlevoix where there are Superchargers in Baie-Saint-Paul.
I was there yesterday, and from what I saw, ALT rents the parking lot from First Capital who owns the building. Would they be willing to rent another 8 or more spaces, for something that they don’t profit from?
There would also be the Tour Deloitte, literally next to the Bell Centre, and next to the 720 exit on Jean-d’Estrées. Reason being it is owned by Cadillac Fairview, so a similar situation to Burrard Street (not really a CF mall). There are already 8 charging stations there, though PlugShare says they’re private (don’t know why) and there are just 232 spots per its description.
Photos of the ALT Hotel14D195FF-2CBA-4E05-A615-FE2C175B9538.jpegDC7E0B03-A7DE-4249-A002-B6E0D649CBD9.jpeg
Photo of the Deloitte Tower A5E00274-B5F1-4FF3-8874-0C31B121EC36.jpeg

Griffintown update:

Went to Griffintown yesterday afternoon to see if construction on the Supercharger has started yet (not like we really need it!). Since it’s Griffintown, this Supercharger will probably in an underground parking lot, right?

(SPOILER: I didn’t find anything!!!)

So, I looked around the neighbourhood to see if anything was stirring. I mostly checked locations that already have charging stations (list below) for EV-friendly businesses which might be willing to host Supercharging stations. The receptionist at the Alt had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about the Superchargers in Griffintown. Next time I’ll consider asking the workers at the Le_Germain offices, one floor above the lobby, they’ll probably know what I’m talking about.
6DF2BCF6-CA11-4CFD-B9D4-7A84F9185685.jpeg

LIST OF VISITED LOCATIONS:
Alt Hotel by Le Germain
First Capital rue Peel
Arbora Appartements
ÉTS - Pavilions A, B, E
Metro Plus Griffintown

I’ll be back here in about a month to look again. Is there anything you would like me to check out the next time I’m here?

P.S. there is also some construction going on in Arbora’s parking lot. It is in a parking corridor blocked off by some plywood on level 1B. There was only 1 gap which I could see through (pic). It’s probably not Supercharger construction, since this is a very new parking lot and it’s probably some finishing touches.
616C14BF-2610-457C-9890-EC3D0E23F369.jpeg

Reactions: mazeminder

View attachment 359002
Got my Model 3 Aug. 24, 2019, Tesla told me the Wellington Supercharger should be open before winter sets in. Let's hope my Condo assoc. so far taken a year to make a decision to allow me home charging. Fingers crossed, maybe it will be V3 charging, sorry only Model 3 right now...charges in 15 mins.

Is your end of year assumption from the Tesla (Coming Soon) map, and by Wellington I’m assuming you mean Griffintown right?

I might consider checking out the area this weekend

Got my Model 3 Aug. 24, 2019, Tesla told me the Wellington Supercharger should be open before winter sets in. Let's hope my Condo assoc. so far taken a year to make a decision to allow me home charging. Fingers crossed, maybe it will be V3 charging, sorry only Model 3 right now...charges in 15 mins.
You should check and see if there is any 110V outlet near your parking. Trickle charging at home can be enough if you don't drive much. And even if you drive a lot, it's way better than nothing. I have unhelpful management at my apartment building (in terms of installing an L2 charger), but I am allowed to trickle charge for FREE and since I only drive about 25 miles/day while I'm at home, it does the trick.