Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Speculation] Tesla Critical Youtube Videos Receiving Community Guideline Violations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my first year of owning my Model S I had repeating issues of my windows not working. The car would be active, even driving and windows would stop responding. I recorded a short video and posted it to Youtube. I posted the video here and sent it to Tesla Service to get it fixed, which is was after a service visit and new software update. I never removed the video and today I got a notice it was reported as violating community guidelines, they are putting a strike against my account and are removing the video.

No reason is given and there is no vulgarity, music or offensive content. It's a ~30 second clip of my window not working.

I've appealed the decision but this still makes no sense and feels like someone is reporting anti-tesla videos as in violation of community guidelines.

I'm posting this to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this recently.

...I posted the video here and sent it to Tesla Service to get it fixed, which is was after a service visit and new software update. I never removed the video and today I got a notice it was reported as violating community guidelines, they are putting a strike against my account and are removing the video...

It all makes sense so I don't even know why there's a need for this post.

1) You posted a video about an out-of-service window.

2) Who in the big public mass would be able to know that? So you sent it to Tesla which of course would attact Tesla's attention.

3) Tesla fixed your complaint.

4) Your post is the same with no disclosure that the window has been fixed. So, the post was right but it is now no longer correct. It is now misleading and not meeting the community's standard.

Everything is very logical: The only ones to be blamed here is you!

Flagging videos for no reason is becoming a popular form of free speech suppression, as is trying to get payment processing companies and such to not work with groups.

Look!

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

If the video was just quietly circulating in public without "someone" gossiping to Tesla, Tesla wouldn't know.

Guess who was leaking the video to Tesla?

Yes, the author himself.

The author expected Tesla would react and indeed Tesla did.

It's just natural.

Speech needs to be accurate.

Lack of accuracy is a very good reason to flag it down thanks to the informer who sent Tesla the video!

It all makes sense so I don't even know why there's a need for this post.

1) You posted a video about an out-of-service window.

2) Who in the big public mass would be able to know that? So you sent it to Tesla which of course would attact Tesla's attention.

3) Tesla fixed your complaint.

4) Your post is the same with no disclosure that the window has been fixed. So, the post was right but it is now no longer correct. It is now misleading and not meeting the community's standard.

Everything is very logical: The only ones to be blamed here is you!

My intent with this post is to solicit commentary by others who have posted Youtube Tesla videos cited with violations. As far as the bullet points I can't say they make sense. The car is/was in warranty, the event happened (numerous times), the window failure persisted for 6 months. The video has an upload date clearly indicating it's age/relevancy to viewers. Also a video depicting an actual event is not misleading. Tesla eventually after repeated appeals fixed the service issue, which I mention in my original post, but this doesn't undo history. So I can't say I agree.

...My intent with this post is to solicit commentary by others who have posted Youtube Tesla videos cited with violations....

Who was the "Rat" in sending your video to Tesla?

Remember: Flipping "almost ought to be outlawed”.

Let Tesla sweats and hires an expensive team of YouTube censorship to look for your needle in a haystack and importantly: Resist to become a Rat or Flipper who tattletales the existing of your video to Tesla.

It's just common sense!

OP, not sure why noone chose to respond to your actual question but it would be really crappy if your video got taken down because you were being critical. Did you have some crazy clickbait title or something?

Would like to know if you get any explanation.

Also if I had the time I would do the exact same thing in terms of publishing a video. While I'm starting to despise YouTube as a platform I still feel it is great for getting information on defects and the like and it doesn't really matter whether it is a Tesla or Nissan, documentation is a good thing.

Reactions: markb1
I guess I should post how a video my browser in v9 doesn't work. Not even rebooting multiple times. Not on wifi, not on LTE. V9 broke it completely (it has occasionally come to life, but I have not found a reliable way to make it work - it's been stuck in completely dead mode for days now, multiple reboots didn't help, even google won't load). I'll be happy to take it down if Tesla fixes it.

Reactions: KyleDay
Even Fred from Electrek has noted how aggressive Tesla is compared to other car makers in reacting to negatively perceived information in public. I guess it might be possible Tesla is behind the report but of course it could be other Tesla fans who have seen the video too. Reporting posts and posters you disagree with is all too common unfortunately.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I don't make a dime from Youtube but if I was someone who made an income from this it'd be really disrupting. One of the penalties is losing the ability to monetize any video from the account receiving the strike.
I ripped the offending video and loaded it to Mega so it will be available forever for the curious. I don't even speak in the video, I don't even have Tesla in the title or description and it had 39 views. If I was trying to drag them in the dirt I'd have put Tesla in every text field for the video; which I didn't despite my frustrations.

The guideline violating video: MEGA

How it appears as flagged in my video manager. Note the other pro-Tesla video right above it which is doing just fine.
MEGA

When I receive any response to my appeal I'll be sure to update here

In my first year of owning my Model S I had repeating issues of my windows not working. The car would be active, even driving and windows would stop responding. I recorded a short video and posted it to Youtube. I posted the video here and sent it to Tesla Service to get it fixed, which is was after a service visit and new software update. I never removed the video and today I got a notice it was reported as violating community guidelines, they are putting a strike against my account and are removing the video.

It seems like Tesla has political ties, as I feel that same recourse can happen even on this forum. Are they paying donations to different political parties to avoid being investigated for other illegal actions they have done yet received no recourse? I think a huge issue that is gaining traction is how Tesla is basically doing things to YOUR CAR ( YOU OWN IT, THEY DO NOT) that you don't know about and, or do know but not because they disclosed the information too you. For example, them turning off a car won at a auction so that it could no longer charge anywhere, not just at superchargers ( TESLA OWNS THOSE) but at any and all type/types of chargers!

No reason is given and there is no vulgarity, music or offensive content. It's a ~30 second clip of my window not working.

I've appealed the decision but this still makes no sense and feels like someone is reporting anti-tesla videos as in violation of community guidelines.

I'm posting this to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this recently.

It seems like Tesla has political ties, as I feel that same recourse can happen even on this forum. Are they paying donations to different political parties to avoid being investigated for other illegal actions they have done yet received no recourse? I think a huge issue that is gaining traction is how Tesla is basically doing things to YOUR CAR ( YOU OWN IT, THEY DO NOT) that you don't know about and, or do know but not because they disclosed the information too you. For example, them turning off a car won at a auction so that it could no longer charge anywhere, not just at superchargers ( TESLA OWNS THOSE) but at any and all type/types of chargers!

I guess I should post how a video my browser in v9 doesn't work. Not even rebooting multiple times. Not on wifi, not on LTE. V9 broke it completely (it has occasionally come to life, but I have not found a reliable way to make it work - it's been stuck in completely dead mode for days now, multiple reboots didn't help, even google won't load). I'll be happy to take it down if Tesla fixes it.

I guess my point is that if I notice my browser is not working one of my troubleshooting steps is to go to YouTube and see what is happening with other people. By that logic should you really take your video down if they fix it? If you do take it down then it could be said you are trying to extort them. If you keep it up then you are a good netizen helping out people like me who are looking for answers...

Just a thought

Reactions: mmmk
"Free speech" only applies to the Government. YouTube is a private company.
Which is exactly why you won't find a reference to Youtube anywhere in my quote. Krugerrand asked me for my motives and I provided them as free speech and accountability. This has nothing to do with Youtube rights as a private company. I don't think anyone is in danger of confusing Youtube with a free speech advocate.

With those facts set aside Youtubes self-provided community rules for taking down videos don't seem to apply in anyway to this bland unoffensive, and accurate video. I'm bringing attention to it to discover if there is any type of pattern of this happening to others. Which would indicate an organized effort by unknown actors to silence the voices of others speaking critically of Tesla by whatever means they have.

Youtube can do whatever they want but this action doesn't even meet their own violation criteria. They can't bury the clip because it's now on Mega, far outside of any sphere of influence of Tesla or Youtube, on the internet, forever.

Update:
I have not yet received an email or message about the appeal but it appears the video has been relisted:
This leads me to believe the appeal was successful, which is encouraging, but also raises questions as to why the first Youtube employee to review the video after the violation agreed with the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.