TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

[Speculation] Tesla expanding to Dubai

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Clprenz, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Clprenz

Clprenz Member

#1 Clprenz, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    I caught this photo in the blog... looks to be in Dubai
    Check out the photo below!?

Attached Files:

2. Ames

Ames Member

Excellent news, and a good catch. There is plenty of room in my garage for a P85D :)

3. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Yes it is Dubai and time 4:58 confirms one of the building in the smaller picture.

Highway+near+Burj+Khalifa

Also in the video at time stamp 5:20 show a sign that every interesting so check it out.

4. Electric car charging stations launched in Dubai

Electric car charging stations launched in Dubai | The National

Today DEWA, The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority launched the first of 100 charging station across the Emirate.

“This is the start of Dewa implementing a pioneering electric vehicle charging station infrastructure initiative. It is an important step towards achieving the objectives of a sustainable smart city and transforming Dubai into the smartest city in the world.”
    The authority had budgeted Dh10 million for the 100 charging stations.

This and other news I read here, assures me that Tesla will do well in the UAE and the region as a whole, even though this region is Oil's holy land. UAE are trying to portray an image away from the oil and I am sure that if Tesla tries to negotiate a good deal to have presence here, it can only be positive for both sides. Access to a new market for TM, and good image for UAE, win win. Oh yes, and new Model S's for me and ames!

5. Ames

Ames Member

#5 Ames, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Hear, hear...and a service center for the three or four brave model s owners already on the road...