Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation: Time to Delivery for Model 3 will be short, once deliveries begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well from what I've seen mentioned from other members that went through this with the Model S and X, configuration invitation emails get sent out on Mondays. So it looks like we've got at least one more week before some of us get the invite email. Only 4 more Mondays until X-mas, so my guess is that if we don't see any non-employees invited to configure their Model 3 by December 4th then we're not going to see any regular customer deliveries in 2017.

Well from what I've seen mentioned from other members that went through this with the Model S and X, configuration invitation emails get sent out on Mondays. So it looks like we've got at least one more week before some of us get the invite email. Only 4 more Mondays until X-mas, so my guess is that if we don't see any non-employees invited to configure their Model 3 by December 4th then we're not going to see any regular customer deliveries in 2017.
glad you weren't right on this one!

Well, I'd love to see November deliveries! i have a terminal stage 4 cancer and have been told I may only 3-4 months to live. The last thing on my bucket list is our Model 3 and I'd like to have a few days to experience and enjoy it. I wonder if there is any flexibility in the que?
With your permission, I share a little bit of this very special day: Bonnie Norman on Twitter

tl:dr: He took delivery of his Model 3 today.

Last edited:
It's for real and this is not just an attempt to "jump the que". Chondrosarcoma is incurable, at least today. We can always hope for science to come through.

This story made me shed a tear. I am so happy for you and very much enjoyed seeing your smile in Bonnie’s post. It’s even more incredible that you’re coming here to post about your hopes for science. Please enjoy your M3 and thank you for sharing your story.

It's for real and this is not just an attempt to "jump the que". Chondrosarcoma is incurable, at least today. We can always hope for science to come through.
RIP.
I don't want to post photos from his final days or say much about it, because I don't want this as fodder for bloggers/papers that scrape this forum. But I do want you all to know how much joy his Model 3 brought him over the last 4 1/2 months. I know some of you who live locally got to know him in real life and you know first-hand what a great guy he was, too.

I'll just share words from his family:

"To die proudly when it is not longer possible to live proudly. Death of one's own free choice, death at the proper time, with a clear head and with joyfulness, consummated in the midst of children and witnesses so that an actual leave-taking is possible while he who is leaving is still there."
He's impacted my life in this short time & impacted several other people I can name. Don't pass by someone who could use a little help. It can change your life.