Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SPECULATION: Updated Tesla Model S with more features, higher price coming soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just speculation, but ignore at your own peril if you're placing an order...

----

Updated Tesla Model S with more features, higher price coming soon - Roadshow

When the Tesla Model S hit the roads way back in 2012, it convinced a lot of people that a battery-powered car could be genuinely good to drive and not just good for the environment. Now, that car is about to get a refresh that could be unveiled as early as next week.

According to sources inside the company, Tesla will be making a series of updates to the Model S with the goals of both simplifying manufacturing and adding some more luxury-minded appointments.

"The most immediate change, according to our sources, will be a slight visual refresh on the nose. It won't look exactly like the Model X or Model 3, we're told, but it will bring the car closer to the frontal treatments of those cars. LED headlights will also provide a cleaner look up front, while some additional paint colors will join the configurator.

On the inside, the Model S will move to the same front seats found in the Model X, meaning ventilation will be on-offer. The car will receive some new interior storage compartments, including pockets in the door -- an addition current owners will appreciate.

We're told that Tesla is cleaning out the last of the previous generation's production parts now and that the refreshed Model S could debut as early as next week. Our sources say a price increase will come with these updates, but the amount remains to be seen."

• Love
Reactions: redy
Excellent. This is what people have been speculating and what I have been hoping for. I imagine the battery size will go up as well to the P100D that was outed early last month by that hacker, and then more or less confirmed by Elon on Twitter. I'm sure part of this is to differentiate the M3 and MS in the market a bit more. Ludicrous speed is of course is more than anyone should need at least in theory, but I am still hoping there will be a lift in speed for both acceleration off the line as well as more power at highway speeds in addition to the likely 300+ miles of range that should be expected from the larger battery. I'm sure the front will be a bit sportier as well as the interior a little more refined. This seems like the most legit source to, since it is CNET. Can't wait until next week.