Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculative Wheel Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thinking of what I will be doing for accessories on the Model 3, I know I will be buying a second set of wheels/tires to be used for winter driving as I live in Canada. This is a necessary evil of living so close to the Rocky Mountains and being able to enjoy a vehicle year round.

I see the Model S is using BMW wheel offsets and bolt patterns, is this likely to be the same for the Model 3? Also, what would the default wheel size be 18/19/20 inches?

Thoughts?

Just thinking of what I will be doing for accessories on the Model 3, I know I will be buying a second set of wheels/tires to be used for winter driving as I live in Canada. This is a necessary evil of living so close to the Rocky Mountains and being able to enjoy a vehicle year round.

I see the Model S is using BMW wheel offsets and bolt patterns, is this likely to be the same for the Model 3? Also, what would the default wheel size be 18/19/20 inches?

Thoughts?
Likely, probably, but all we can do is speculate at this point. My belief is base wheel size will be 18" and optional wheels will be 20". We know the silver prototype had staggered 20" wheels. Don't recall what the other two had, but believe 20" as well (even though the red prototype was non-functional).

I know this thread is based purely on speculation, but for a 20" to be the default, that is a bit aggressive. I mean, the Panamera has 19" as standard wheels on the Panamera 4S, the Panamera Turbo will default to 20" as standard. Even when we look at other performance sedans, they use an 18" or 19" wheel as standard and offer upgrades to 19" & 20" (C63, M3, M4, S4)

I prefer same size all the way around , 235/45/18 would work for me. I deal with tire issues at work and the stagger setups are a pita. No rotations leaves you putting frt tires on every 10 to 15 k .